StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
At least one

At least one that I know of (Carlton, MN, about 20 miles southwest of Duluth), but I've only been able to admire my blue 2005 DL650 hibernating in the garage since the middle of November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live 5 miles north of Solon Springs and have a black 04 dl-650. I would like to see if any other riders in the area are interested in doing some riding this season.

R

·
0 Posts
Two of us in St Paul on DL 1000's, I do get to Solon Springs a few times every summer. I have a trailer just west of Minong, by the Buck & Wing

G

·
0 Posts
I'm glad to hear that there are a few of us out there. There are a lot of nice places to ride to in Northern Wisconsin, it would be cool to get a bunch of V- stroms together to explore them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oops, forgot to log in first. As I was saying, it would be fun to get a bunch of us together to explore northern wisconsin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is great to see there are troopers in the area. I would like to plan a ride from Duluth the Ely on Hwy 1. It has lots of turns and is very scenic.

R

·
0 Posts
You can count me in, and I'm sure my buddy Greg would come along. Just let me know when, and where. I'm usualy up in the Monong area for all of the summer holidays after Easter. A ride through northern Minnesota sounds good to. 8)
:idea: Hey "cdnt48", I have been thinking of adding a SV 650 to my stable, and I see that you have one, and a V Strom too. Could you run down what you find different about the two bikes. If I get one it would be the naked version. Thanks. Hope the rest of you guys don't mind the hijack. :oops:

S

·
0 Posts
I'd be in as well, I know some good roads in northern Wisconsin in and around the Minong area, well mostly west between Minong and Webb Lake.

R

·
0 Posts
SIXFIDDYTHUMPA said:
I'd be in as well, I know some good roads in northern Wisconsin in and around the Minong area, well mostly west between Minong and Webb Lake.
I know that area quite well, but only the offroad trails, I haven't explored the blacktop much at all.

Are any of you guys planning hooking up with the V Strom group that's planning on riding the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap) on Memorial Day weekend? I haven't decided for sure yet if I'm going, but if I do, it would be nice to know I have someone to ride with.

S

·
0 Posts
Rickster said:
SIXFIDDYTHUMPA said:
I know that area quite well, but only the offroad trails, I haven't explored the blacktop much at all.

I know some of them, but I'd love to hook up and get a tour of the rest as I'm sure there is plenty that I haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just thought I would mention Bike Nite at Sir Ben's ( across from Fitgers on Superior Street ) every 2nd and last Tuesday

Donna
Mostly in Minnesota, but subject to change as often as possible
IBA#23120
TS# 484
SkunkTail # 001
04 Suzuki DL650 Black of course :D
98 BMW F-650 Red of course :D
95 Morgan Gelding Chestnut of course :wink:
89 Honda Hawk 650 GT Blue of course :D

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien

'In that direction,' the Cat said, waving its right paw round, 'lives a Hatter: and in that direction,' waving the other paw, 'lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they're both mad.'
"But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts