StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the middle Tn area, the "dirt devil" , is 120 miles of dirt, numerous water crossings, water falls and generally just an AWESOME day of riding. It is generally held every other sunday. I have done it once and am looking forward to the next one. Contact me and lets get em dirty!

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
if I was in TN, I'd hit that with you.

Another reason I need to get busy moving to TN.

2-3 years.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would be interested too. Depending on where it is held. If you have ridden it before why do we need anyone but you to follow?

Coop

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd like to know a more definite location too.....

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I could perhaps be persuaded.

Some more info................................ please?

·
Registered
43 Posts
In Am In..

info please..i would like a good ride from Ga to Tenn so i can play in the dirt:D

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Anyone know if Dave's TN Dirt Devil tour is seasonal/year-round, still up-n-running/defunct?

I googled a bit and found where he started this summer, had some very satisfied customers and some scoffers who didn't like the fee. He advertised on craigslist thru sept'08 and then nothing --seasonal? word-of-mouth took hold? out-of-business?

I tried his phone and got no answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tn dirt devil

Dave is a straight up guy! I have ridden this trip 3 times and haven't seen it all yet. He even wrote me a seperate "dry map" for the winter (I'll ride in 40 degrees as long as I'm dry). He kind of shuts down for the winter but I have no common sense, so if you want to ride I got a map! It is all in Hickman county TN. His website is http://www.freewebs.com/dualpurposetennessee/ Some people think its ridiculous to charge for this but he's got countless hours in writing(copywriting) this map and less than 15% is paved. Be ready to get wet! You won't be dissapointed. I also ride alot of gravel in Cannon county if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm wanting to learn more about that area, because I've been getting lost down there as often as possible. I like what I've seen in that area, and would love to trade ride info with you. I know very little about your neck of the woods, but quite a bit about North Middle Tennessee (mostly paved) and LBL (lots of options) Just let me know if you heading this way, maybe we can both learn some new areas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've ridden the "dry map" ride once and the map is 100% The rest of it has so many water crossings and the amount of rain we've had in the past 2 months, you would probably drown. All the roads there are hard packed dirt, really curvy and up and down. Look at http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/Maps/county/ All the roads that are white aren't paved. It is awesome but a little rough to navigate if you dont know where the water crossings are. Some roads have bridges and some go through the water but the DOT maps don't differentiate. That's where Dave's maps come into play. Let me know if you want to head that way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
iam still down what do you think you can get away with tire wise will stock do ok or do you need some dirt tire because if you got to have some dirt tires i cant afford them right now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have TKC's but one of my riding buds rides a ktm motard with racing tires. The first three times I rode it with stock bridgestones and only a little trouble in the deep water ( I was probably riding to fast anyway). I have a dry map route that I've ridden once. It was a great ride not to far from you if you still wanna go...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back in action

Hello all, Dave has a new site up its dualpuposetn.com. He's running rides every other sunday through the summer. It's a fun day. Check it out if you're in the area.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hello all, Dave has a new site up its dualpuposetn.com. He's running rides every other sunday through the summer. It's a fun day. Check it out if you're in the area.
dualpurposetn.com works better.

I'm jealous, I haven't been able to get an animated avi to work properly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts