StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for mount locations for dual horns? I have a pair of PIAA slim lines that I was going to use on another bike and decided against, but am trying to figure where to mount them unobtrusively. Not opposed to getting a bracket if necessary but would rather not get into fabrication.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that's from Pat Walsh Designs, but all I can find is the full kit on procycle with the Stebel horn included. Denali makes a mount for the front fairing tube that I might be able to rig it up with, though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations for mount locations for dual horns? I have a pair of PIAA slim lines that I was going to use on another bike and decided against, but am trying to figure where to mount them unobtrusively. Not opposed to getting a bracket if necessary but would rather not get into fabrication.
I mounted my blaster horns on the underside of the fairings. Those are off right now, so pics were easy: I put white arrows to show the mounting bars - they "must" be flexible and not pressed against anything. I had fits till I realized the horn must be free to vibrate; otherwise the sound will be much reduced. When the fairings are on, they sit down in there very nicely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response, I wasn't getting email notifications for some reason. I think I'll be going the in-fairing route, and I really like your suggestion BigLar75. Did you make those mounting tabs or buy something off the shelf? Also, I do have a relay harness from easternbeaver ready to go (y)

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
The BigLar setup is great, except the horns blast in the wrong direction ….

I had my Strebel airhorn attached to the bracket that holds the RR (on the left side of the frame).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry for the late response, I wasn't getting email notifications for some reason. I think I'll be going the in-fairing route, and I really like your suggestion BigLar75. Did you make those mounting tabs or buy something off the shelf? Also, I do have a relay harness from easternbeaver ready to go (y)
Sorry for the delay. No, the mounting tabs came with the horns, but simple enuf to make. Just be sure the material isn't too heavy or stiff. At 1st I mounted the horns solid to the fairing, but they only made a muffled squawk. Finally, after much hair pulling I tried mounting them on the tabs and they nearly blasted me out of the seat. They hafta be free to vibrate.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The BigLar setup is great, except the horns blast in the wrong direction ….

I had my Strebel airhorn attached to the bracket that holds the RR (on the left side of the frame).

View attachment 269409 View attachment 269410
I think your horns are much smaller than mine and fit in there better. If I reverse them, they blast into the nose cone and, while I didn't try it, seems like that would muffle them. As they are, they blast down into the forks (and my ears) and seem to reflect forward. They Are loud. I do know that when a car started to move into my lane and cut me off, a quick blast on the horns moved him back in a hurry.

This all makes me remember the dual air horns I put on my Triumph TR3 sports car more than 50 years ago. The high pitched shriek got me a lot of razzing from friends, but people surely did hear them.

·
Vendor
4,941 Posts
The 2014+ DL1000 uses a mount under the triple clamp. Here is a pic of a from Brock29609.

It would be a simple matter to make a three hole bracket o mount both horns there as long as there is clearance for the larger horns.

·
Vendor
4,941 Posts
The 2014+ DL1000 uses a mount under the triple clamp. Here is a pic of a from Brock29609.

It would be a simple matter to make a three hole bracket to mount both horns there as long as there is clearance for the larger horns at ful fork travel.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
This is not a 2014 V1000. The horn on the V2 is attached to the nose frame. The image shows a view of the nose , looking up. The nose is not attached to the frame but hanging from some strings, so it looks a little strange ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts