StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard of any dual-exhaust setups for the DL650. Any opinions on wether it would be worth the cost (assuming its expensive). Thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What do you want to get out of it? If you want different looks, then it's entirely up to you whether or not it's worth it. If it's a performance gain, then it depends on how much you want to pay per HP. FWIW, I can't imagine that a dual exhaust setup for the 650 would add any significant HP gains.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Seen a guy make up a dummy pipe so as to balance the looks, the end screwed off so he had extra storage for odds and ends.Would be easy enough to do if you could get a left hand pipe cheap,since heaps of people change to after market pipes there must be a few floating around

·
Registered
640 Posts
Somebody was playing with duals, but it has been too long for me to remember where I saw it. Something about using 1000 cans and pipes with a bunch of custom welding if I remember.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Using it as a storage compartment sounds like a good idea, otherwise it's just added weight which this bike doesn't need.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just more weight and foolish expense

Why ? Why? Why ? It will add wieght. The bikes are fine stock! I agree with the guy that said it would make agood storage compartment

·
Registered
654 Posts
Stick a Staintune muffler on there, and you'll forget you even asked about duals. It's that nice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: Just more weight and foolish expense

michiganstromrider said:
Why ? Why? Why ? It will add wieght. The bikes are fine stock! I agree with the guy that said it would make agood storage compartment
My silencer and storage tube combined are the same weight as the heavy-ish stock silncer. It also sounds damn sweet, not loud, just right, imho. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts