StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve done plenty of miles now with a car tire General Altimax Artic Originally a winter experiment, unless I can find a spare wheel, it's what I got on the back, On front, a Metzler Karoo 2 t.

went to Vermont this weekend, on the way up, I stopped at White river Campground and made reservations for 8/19-20. then I gave my bike a workout. 100 and 17 have both been terrorized by frost, non the less, I got rid of my chicken strips.

I'm running the back a 30psi, I've come to the conclusion, the squirmeyness I'm getting with road anomolies is drom the agressive siped tread, although sometmes I think it could be sidewall flex & stretch

I have to get off the seat when I get agressive with this tire in the twisites

for peeps that are attending the VT V-strom Adventure, there may be an opportunity to take a spin on the darkside

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Randyo, have you tested the tyre yet at low pressures (say, 10, 15 & 20 psi) - of course for short distances and very low speeds - to see how it behaves as it's being affected by a puncture [in simulation] ?
Would it rub down onto the chain on left turns ?
Any other "getting a flat" problems showing up ?

I'm certainly interested to hear if any other "narrow" darks come available.
May be a niche there for smaller entrepreneurs.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Randyo, do you think this might be a good option for long distance riders heading way up north to Alaska and not needing to get frsh tires on the trip ?

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Randyo, have you tested the tyre yet at low pressures (say, 10, 15 & 20 psi) - of course for short distances and very low speeds - to see how it behaves as it's being affected by a puncture [in simulation] ?
Would it rub down onto the chain on left turns ?
Any other "getting a flat" problems showing up ?

I'm certainly interested to hear if any other "narrow" darks come available.
May be a niche there for smaller entrepreneurs.
I haven't gone below 25psi, with a flat, while is might spread at the bottom, I doubt would ever rub the chain, tires are only flat on the bottom. if thats all thats stoppin ya from going darkside, runflats are available

I went back up to 30, cause of some weird rolling/squirllyness during more abrupt turn ins

this weekend was the first "weekend trip" since I've hat the tire, not really much new for any particular type of riding, except, I did get more agressive
on the way back home, I hit route 25 from 302 - Bradford, pavement was in excellent condition, :beatnik:

my biggest concern is the wobbling I have got a couple times at higher speeds full throttle acceleration passing big vehicles, twice now, I've nearly gotton into a tank slapper, many possible causes, I'm sure initiated by the wind buffetting, but does the sidewall flex or siped on the rear tire aggrivate the wallowing ? or knobby tire in front

I'm researching steerting dampers

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I have almost 10K on mine as of this week, and it is maybe 25% worn.....

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't most darksiders run 40 PSI? might help the tip in and squirming I have a Friend with a ST1100 he runs 42 PSI
I started with high pressures, it really felt like a square tire at low speeds, you could feel the tip up, required constant countersteer effort in corners, as I reduced the pressure, the countersteer effort went away and square tire feel went completely away, also lost lower speed stability

now I'm thinking, that when I go "off road" I might RAISE the pressure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts