StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, without starting yet another debate on the merits of modulators... I need some wiring help. Near as I can tell from the wiring diagram the three wires for the headlamps are as follows:

Yellow: high beam supply
Black w/blue: low beam supply
Black w/white: ground

Is this right? Little help out here? :confused:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what the schematic for the 650 shows. Not sure whether the 1000 is the same or not though.
Surely they can't be THAT different. I'll try it and see what happens. What's the worst that can go wrong?

Well, having no lights at all would suck.

You and me still need to go for a ride!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got an inexpensive circuit tester and it showed that the "top" (I think it was black/blue) was the low beam and the other black was the high beam. Unless you want both high and low to modulate, only hook up the high beam. I'm thinking about hooking up the low beam listed in the instructions to the right side high. See how that works, I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Surely they can't be THAT different. I'll try it and see what happens. What's the worst that can go wrong?
Black with a white trace is commonly used throughout the system as a ground, so that one I'm pretty sure is going to be the same between the two models. Hooking it up to the wrong high or low sould probably just cause it to modulate the wrong filiment.

Well, having no lights at all would suck.

You and me still need to go for a ride!
Unlikely that it would waste the lights. Worst case, blow a fuse and even that's unlikely unless the modulator allowed something to ground out.

As to a ride, I'm ready! Let's go! I did 400+ miles Saturday to Birmingham to visit the Barber Motorsports Museum. FANTASTIC place. Pix are Here

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I got it hooked up and working. I probably should have taken the time to figure out how to remove the fairings rather than do it with my meathooks jammed in that smaller-than-it-looks space. Couldn't ride today cuz I had to be all dressed up for work.

SCraig, you're definitely on the top of the list. We'll do it. However, this weekend has been consumed. Dang it.

Wanna see your 'shield bracket. I need one of those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts