StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new v-Strom owner looking for ideas on 1) tank bags and 2) soft-sided luggage that can also be used on a DRZ 400S.
Has anyone done this?
Is it asking too much because of the different configurations of tanks, etc?
I would use the stuff on the Strom primarily, but flexibility is a plus.
RW

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I am a new v-Strom owner looking for ideas on 1) tank bags and 2) soft-sided luggage that can also be used on a DRZ 400S.
Has anyone done this?
Is it asking too much because of the different configurations of tanks, etc?
I would use the stuff on the Strom primarily, but flexibility is a plus.
RW
I don't know that any tank bag will work well on both. I've got a Wolfman enduro bag for the DR-Z and an older Tourmaster on the Strom. A friend did rig up a Tourmaster Cortec bag on a DR-Z, but it took some doing, wasn't an ez-on/ez-off proposition.
The soft saddlebags should be easier. Just need bike-specific racks to hold them off the exhaust and out of the rear wheel.
I ended up with Pelican cases on Happy Trails racks for the DR-Z, my buddy uses Cortec soft bags on his, also on the H-T racks. He uses the same bags on his FJ1200.
There are some shots of the DR-Zs with the luggage mounted in this thread:

http://www.okdualsport.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=572

On the H-T, once mounted they're great, super stout. But getting them mounted can be a real bear. My left one, and both of my buddy's, required serious persusion with a BFH and some drilling and dremelling work to get them on the bikes

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Manta XL Tank Bag on DRZ400S

I have a DRZ400S and until your post, it never occurred to me to try to interchange farkles! The only thing that I have on my Wee that works on my DRZ is my Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag. The magnets flaps could be a little longer for a really tight fit on the DRZ, but it actually works pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts