Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Suzuki, How about a midweight twin with some ground clearance, 21" / 18" spoked wheels, style it along the lines of the drz400 but with a 6 speed transmission coupled to the SV motor. Keep the weight down around 340lbs and offer a motard option. KLR's would become extinct.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You never know. There may be Suzuki employees that lurk on model/brand specific sites. Nice idea though (DRZ650). Another couple inches of suspension travel, lose 50 pounds, more dirt-worthy wheels. Seems do-able, but I suspect the market for a such a beast is so small it's not worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
...Another couple inches of suspension travel, lose 50 pounds, more dirt-worthy wheels. Seems do-able, but I suspect the market for a such a beast is so small it's not worth the effort.
I'm not saying I don't like my Wee, but I'd buy one in an instant. I've actually been thinking of getting a DR or a KLR anyway. A little off-road has turned into a lot of off-road ever since I got the Wee.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not saying I don't like my Wee, but I'd buy one in an instant. I've actually been thinking of getting a DR or a KLR anyway. A little off-road has turned into a lot of off-road ever since I got the Wee.
I'm finding myself drawn to doing more off-road riding (beyond dirt roads) too. Even found people to do it with. The 2007 KTM 525 EXC is calling to me, along with a 25L gas tank (lots of range) and an extra set of 17" super-motard wheels (for track days and twisties). But it's close to $10K with the extra stuff. My sportbike may be traded in on one come summer regardless. Only 250 pounds without gas. Now THAT'S a bike you can thrash off-road.

The more affordable option is to get a recent model XR650L and add about $1000 in farkles to it. But it'll be slower and heavier than the KTM. And a couple thousand cheaper. And easier to maintain. The Husky TE610 is a contender in the middle.

We'll see. The Wee Strom makes a great do-it-all, everyday, beater bike. I think it's a keeper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts