StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little trip to Idaho and into Montana. On the return stopped in Wenachee for lunch. Decided there that some dirt was in order. Colockum Pass was chosen. 10 miles south I started up (5400 ft. at the top). Every mile the road got worse and kept telling myself to turn around being the last sign of life was 10 miles back. Dropped it a few 100 feet from the top after clipping a large rock. Picking up a loaded 500 lb. bike on a down hill slope isn't any fun. Crash bars and saddlebags took all the damage(minor thankfully). Turned around and went back after that. Here are a uphill and down hill shot after I picked it up.

PS it was about 90 degrees out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That looks like some of what I rode two-up last weekend off Hwy 97 above Liberty on the NS roads. It was a bit hairy a few times. Really had to pay attention coming down. Dropping it would not have been good.

Looks like a neat area to ride. Where exactly is Colockum Pass.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just east of Liberty 20-30 miles. From the north side follow the road S. out of Wenachee(W. side of the river)10+ miles. Then turn up into the canyon. From the south it's accessed from Kittitas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts