StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Garmin Nuvi 2455 GPS that I use while touring. I create custom routes in .gpx format on Tyre to Travel, and import them into the Garmin. I'd like to be able to use my Droid Turbo as a backup GPS while on trips, in case the Garmin failed. I'm running into a problem though.

I'm able to successfully upload the same route I create on Tyre to Travel for my Nuvi into Google Maps, and then bring this route up on my Droid Turbo. The route shows up fine, with all of the waypoints intact. However, there seems to be no was to get my Turbo to follow the map, and get turn by turn directions. I can see the map on my phone, and I can see my position indicator on the map, but Google Maps on my phone won't direct me to follow the map or call out turn by turn directions.

Does anyone here have a solution as to how I can load a .gpx file into my phone and then get the phone to actually follow the preplanned route?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe the OsmAnd app in Google Play ?

I have been playing with Furkot for planning and then loading it to my phone and using OsmAnd for navigation. I have not used it much but someone I ride with uses it 100% over a GPS.

You have to email it to yourself and then open it on your phone in OsmAnd.

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Furkot will likely give you the solution tho the interface is not so intuitive.
Brilliant resource tho.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do either (or both) of those apps require that data be turned on while they are in use? I'd like to find something like google maps, that doesn't use data when I'm riding.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts