StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ram kit from gps city in the past for my garmin gps unit. I am now looking for a case (preferably waterproof/weatherproof) for my motorola droid. This would make things simpler since it has gps capabilities, it would be one less thing to haul around.

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
droid

does anybody on here use the motorola droid? great phone, closest thing to the iphone i've seen.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i purchased the new att backflip yesterday and returned it today after finding out no phone running the android os support bluetooth voice dailing. Some reason google does not think that this is a needed feature as they have refused to added it since testing of os in 2008. Without this feature the phone can not be total hands free so there for it will not work properly with my scala headset.

As for a ram case i have not seen one either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aqua Box | Bluetooth Voice Dial

No experience with the phone but you can get a ram aquabox for it. Water proof with a rubber touch screen.
Many have this setup.

Here's a link to the aquabox
http://www.gpscity.ca/waterproof-mounts.html

Ken
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I thought I had searched that site inside out. Thank you Ken!

i purchased the new att backflip yesterday and returned it today after finding out no phone running the android os support bluetooth voice dailing. Some reason google does not think that this is a needed feature as they have refused to added it since testing of os in 2008. Without this feature the phone can not be total hands free so there for it will not work properly with my scala headset.

As for a ram case i have not seen one either.
I just started using scala rider Q2 (awesome!!!) and I can't get the voice dial via bluetooth to work. I thought I was doing something wrong. Interestingly enough the phone itself does supports voice dial, it just doesn't work through the scala mic (never tried it over a regular bluetooth headset) I am gonna do some research about this, there's been very few limitations on cell phones I haven't been able to find a solution to. Maybe something as simple as an app could do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts