StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using driving lights on their 'Strom? I'm looking at a set of the Motolites, wondering if they'll fit OK.

TIA,
KevinL

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the amotostuff.com PIAA 510 kit, I went with this vs. the fork mount lights because i was worried about some debris being kicked up and breaking them or a standstill drop would break them. Can't vouch for on the road performance yet though. . .

·
Premium Member
230 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
GreatWhiteHunter said:
Saw the motolites at the MOA rally on a Strom, looked sweet. I'm getting a set when I save up the cabbage.
If the bike at the MOA was black and had AZ plates, well, it was indeed mine. :wink: I *LOVE* the Moto Lights... for both seeing and being seen. The Moto Light company ranks in my top list for superior product AND superior customer service. FWIW, I'd suggest getting their "strap mounted" lights versus the brake caliper mounted ones (which are specific to the Strom)... both function the same but caliper mounted ones must be completely removed whenever you change tires. As someone who changes tires (too) frequently this is a PITA. The strap mounted Moto Lights on my Strom have been rock solid. My riding partner has over 300k on his Moto Lights and they look great. Oh, and they offer lifetime free bulb replacements.

Stromette

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've got the admoto piaa's also they work great, plus give the bike that ADV look. I was in Baja during new moon (no moon lite) turned on the high beams and the piaa's looked like daylight, all the other riders I was with could say was is that bike bright enough, you can guess who got to lead in the dark.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kevin,

I just got a set of Optilux 1182 fog lights from www.rallylights.com for under $20. These are Hella's budget brand but seem to be top quality. Gonna mount them on the Adventure Motostuff light bar. Total cost including the Autoswitch will be ~ $100. They'll be on before Univest.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomb said:
Kevin,

I just got a set of Optilux 1182 fog lights from www.rallylights.com for under $20. These are Hella's budget brand but seem to be top quality. Gonna mount them on the Adventure Motostuff light bar. Total cost including the Autoswitch will be ~ $100. They'll be on before Univest.
Cool - now I just hope I'll be there; that's my only national assignment from USA Cycling as a motor! The shop has yet to look at my bike; I've told them to order the footpeg and to service it while they're doing the estimate,,,, hopefully they'll speed it up a bit.

Kev

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts