StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team,
On my previous bike i ran LED Driving Lights, and i am looking for information and suggestions on how people have mounted lights on their Stroms? i have a 2010 650 V-Strom

Thank you in advance for the information!

My previous setup

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got the Denali DR1's. They seemed expensive and a hassle to get hooked up to the bike, but now I think they are one the best additions I could have done for my riding. I see 10 times better at night and during the day it really helps other drivers see me. I have noticed a huge drop in people cutting me off and pulling out in front of me. They are absolutely worth the money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have Clearwater Lights. I think it's the Glenda model but could be wrong. I've got them mounted at the fender attach bolt. They're nice because I can choose how bright I want them with a control knob. And when I hit high beams they automatically go to max. Not cheap but Made in USA.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Whiel I'll don't have lights yet, i was looking at these yesterday....

Auxiliary LED Lighting - AdventureTech, LLC.

Looks to be a forum sponsor and the price is great
I put those on my Vee2. Very nice. Two thumbs up. I got one spot and one flood. I put the flood on the right side and the spot on the left.

I use his mounting bar, harness and switch. Good documentation online but the harness is a bit generic, so you will be trimming and soldering or bundling the extra lengths of wire. Not hard at all, especially if you know a little about electrical. I found the hardest part was getting to the tail light wire as my switched source, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well I assume you are only asking for a mount and not light recommendations since it seems like you already have some. Those lights on your ST look like ADVMONSTER lights. I have a set of those sitting around somewhere as well. Great lights at a Great price :)

Anyway you are a bit limited on the bike. I was going to try to find a way to mount them up higher than the headlights (where driving lights should be) on the fairing but gave up on that. I think I could by making some brackets and adding a reinforcement plate on the backside of the fairing but I'd be worried that if I binned it off road that the plate and lights would break the fairing apart or rip though.

When I was running my Model 30s on the Strom I had them mounted on the fender bolts. A broken fender I can deal with. But When I dropped the bike they were usually protected from hitting the ground.

One option I have been looking at is a light bar mount from Adventure Tech that they sell for 28 dollars which to me is a fair price. It still doesn't mount them over the headlights but gets them further up than using a fender mount.

What combo of lights did you run on your ST? Looks like maybe a 30 and a 44. I was running two 30s but have been wanting to replace one of them with a 44 so I've got one spot and one flood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts