StromTrooper banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,211 Posts
Did you get the memo? Yeah, if you could just go ahead and use the new cover sheet next time, that'd be great.

The intermittent starting problem I've had the last several months sounds almost exactly like the problem you described in OP: having to manually hold the throttle open to maintain idle. Only, for me it sometimes happens at initial start, after the bike's been sitting for hours. Or when it's already hot. Sunday was the first time it happened on the road. Guess it's getting worse.

Time to order a TPS.

edit: ordered, also snagged a clutch cover gasket since I know I won't be able to resist doing a Werks clutch basket swap eventually.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,211 Posts
So is the TPS replacement still proving a solid fix?

I looked and I don't see how I'm going to get the TPS off (and new one on) without moving a lot of stuff. Basically no access from below. I can unplug the TPS but that's about it. Yuck.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
FWIW, I ordered one of these tools just now:

I'm not 100% sure I will be able to replace & adjust the TPS with it, but I've wanted one of these for a while. Often find myself wanting to use a hex bit in a tight space.
I've got this one - they come in handy for tight spaces. Originally bought it because the vacuum pump on my wifes audi has some serious clearance issues getting the hex head bolts out between the pump and firewall.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,211 Posts
Supposed to get the new TPS today.

However, one thing at a time. I need to sort out the clutch thing first. Then we'll tackle TPS.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,211 Posts
TPS is back ordered. Because of course it is. I was mistakenly sent the clutch cover gasket, which I won't need for months, by itself.

Good news though. I got the low profile hex bit ratchet. Should work for swapping the TPS with minimal fuss. That's good because I was pretty sure adjustment of the TPS, post install, would max out my fuss budget.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The low profile hex ratchet will not work unless you take the tank off. on my 2005 i did it with a normal ratchet and an extension.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The low profile hex ratchet will not work unless you take the tank off. on my 2005 i did it with a normal ratchet and an extension.
Thats the way I did it on my 2007 DL1000. With the right extensions, and laying on your back with a good light, you can come in from the side without removing anything.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,211 Posts
Thats the way I did it on my 2007 DL1000. With the right extensions, and laying on your back with a good light, you can come in from the side without removing anything.
yep, practiced this yesterday after I got the new tool. No problem getting the tool on the T25 when coming in from below. Small but sufficient room to swing the handle.

Last word was that TPS was backordered until 8/17, but my vendor said they would call around to see if they could locate one in stock anywhere today (Monday).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts