StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size drills are needed for mounting the givi topcase electrical connectors. Givi requires holes to be drilled for the contactors from topcase to bike mounting plate. The designated knockout looking indents on the bike plate looks to be about a 1/2 inch and the same on the bottom of the givi topcase looks close to an inch. Thought some of you may have some experience from your install. The snap in electrical contactors have latch clips so I figure I need to be accurate with the holes. My topcase is a C-46 with an E-528 mounting plate.

Thinking about using an electricians step drill if know one knows. I've used one on plastic body parts in the past and they work well except they cost about $50.00 so I borrowed one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK - this is going back a year when I did the install - I almost remember. I used a "step drill bit" (the conical shape) to create the hole and get it close - they make perfectly round holes in thin material. Then used a utility knife to trim it to size. That way, you can end up with a snug fit. Not a quick solution, but with care, a good fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts