Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get the gpx file extension added to the file drag and drop section? They're usually small files at less than a mb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,087 Posts
The site in general doesn't support gpx files. Might be able to get it added, but you'd only be able to open it if you have the right kind of program on the user's end. Have you seen a site that incorporates those kinds of files before?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of members like to exchange GPS routes and tracks of their travels that use the .gpx extension. It would be convenient to be able to load a .gpx file directly instead of having to link it to another app like Dropbox or Google Drive.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I upload my gpx files to my Google maps so other folks can see it visually. I'm not sure if they can download them from maps

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,087 Posts
I did some searching of my own, and all the modifications to make gpx files compatible with the forum won't work here. They all use a more recent version of the site software, a version we don't use at it's not nearly as stable as what we have now.

I'll try and keep my eyes open for one that would be compatible, but for now I don't think we'll be able to add this

Kevin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try making an account on POI Factory. They are a GPSr forum that you can contribute files, in the common formats for the various GPSr manufacturers. Excellent site to learn more about your GPSr and share files.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did some searching of my own, and all the modifications to make gpx files compatible with the forum won't work here. They all use a more recent version of the site software, a version we don't use at it's not nearly as stable as what we have now.

I'll try and keep my eyes open for one that would be compatible, but for now I don't think we'll be able to add this

Kevin

I appreciate the effort!

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts