StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some Googling. It appears the DR650 and DL650 share fork tube sizes -- 43mm.

I'm in the process of doing a seal change on my V-Strom. I had bought the "Fork Solution Kit" from ProCycle a couple years ago and it included seals, which I didn't use at the time since mine were still good. So I tore everything apart today to do the job knowing I had seals.

Well turns out they're THE WRONG F'ING SIZE. I have a set of 41mm seals here that don't go to any bike I've ever owned. The only other set of fork seals I have here are for my DR650. They're 43mm. Would they work? If not, I'm screwed because it'll be several days before I can get the right size. Naturally it's Sunday and all the shops are closed, not like the local dealer would even bother stocking such a thing.

Rob

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just changed my (2012ABS) seals and dust wipers with the Moose Racing 56 133 1
1 day delivery at my local dealer acouple sites say these do not fit the Glee but they did. The dust seals were a little tighter than the old OEM

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks greywolf... I figured that was the case when the outer diameter was off by about 1mm. I ended up thoroughly cleaning the old seals and reusing them because I HAD to have the bike done today lest I have issues with where I live. So far, it seems to be holding up okay.

Meanwhile, I will order up a proper set of seals for when it inevitably starts leaking again sometime down the road (no pun intended).

·
38,103 Posts
I installed gaiters over fork tubes on any bike I owned that doesn't come with gaiters ever since I had a fork seal leak on a Can-Am 175TNT. I never had a seal leak after that. Keep the fork tubes free of stone chips and dried bug parts and forget about seal problems.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I installed gaiters over fork tubes on any bike I owned that doesn't come with gaiters ever since I had a fork seal leak on a Can-Am 175TNT. I never had a seal leak after that. Keep the fork tubes free of stone chips and dried bug parts and forget about seal problems.
That's a good tip. Can you recommend where to get them?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

·
38,103 Posts
Google gaiters site:stromtrooper.com

There are a ridiculous number of possibilities. I used Rancho RS1952 shock boots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts