StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere that the footpegs from a DR650 are a direct bolt on for the Dl650. Of course I can't find the link now. Can anyone confirm that they work?

I can get Dr650 pegs on ebay for about $30 shipped; sure beats the price of the Touratech pegs.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw somewhere that the footpegs from a DR650 are a direct bolt on for the Dl650. Of course I can't find the link now. Can anyone confirm that they work?

I can get Dr650 pegs on ebay for about $30 shipped; sure beats the price of the Touratech pegs.

Thanks
The KLR 650 ones are a direct fit, and the DR ones need some drilling and bigger pins. I have the KLR pegs as seen on ebay, and they are great! I bent the spring a little, but other than that, it's a 5-10 minute job max.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311936

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the EBay DR Pegs.

I also ordered the DR650 Pins, springs and clips $8.00 Australian) from a dealer.

You will need to drill the footpeg mounts.

Total time to install including drilling the footpeg mounts and the original pegs so I can put them back on in the future: About 10 minutes.

David.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Measured the stock DL650 peg pin and it is approximate 20/64" OD and the stock DR650 peg pin hole ID is approximate 26/64". Drilling out the peg mount for the larger DR650 pin is a good way to go. Took the DR650 peg & spring off of my KLR & installed on the DL650 temporarily this morning for a couple of photos:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool ! Thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
The ones from ebay required no drilling or changing the pins. The stock DL springs will also work. Just flip them upside down and bend the ear back. I liked them alot. Very little extra vibration, and a much more stable feel while standing up. I had a minor low side on pavement and broke one. Yep folded like a cheap card table. I dunno maybe the stocker would have done the same. Oh, well if I get them again at least I have a spare now. Worth the $30 IMHO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will the KLR pegs fit a 1000 ???.

1985 Kawasaki hardtail chopper
1990 Honda CR125 woods weapon
1992 Suzuki 750 Katana
2001 Yamaha TTR 225
2004 Honda CR125
2007 Vstrom 1000
“ I REFUSE TO TIPTOE THRU LIFE ONLY TO ARRIVE AT DEATH SAFELY “

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the Ebay pegs, I think the KLR ones, anyway, direct no drill replacement.

It makes shifting a little harder, even after adjusting the shift peg. But they don't feel slippery after having my feet down in mud.

Life is all about trade-offs. Chose yours.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Evolution Footpegs

I had a set of Fastway Evolution footpegs on my 950 KTM Adv, ordered a new set of pins for them $17.00 and put them on my DL650. Work great, my feet stay where I put them. :cool:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Has anyone thought about sleeving the DR pegs to make up the gap, rather than drilling the peg mounts on the bike?
That's what I did. I found some 'drill sleeve's at mcmaster.com, but they only sell by the box. So I took a tee nut and drilled out the threads. It's been working well for nearly a year now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Surely you all aren't talking about STOCK KLR pegs are you? Those things suck (I know, I ride a KLR).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anything is better than the stock "rubber nubs". So, is it dr or klr pegs? From what I read it sounds like the klr are a direct replacement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts