StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have ordered a PCIII to handle the 3k-4k RPM annoyance issue on my '06 DL1000 and I have downloaded the official map from powercommander.com.

I keep reading in other threads mentions of other maps that fix the issue but don't kill the mileage. The "Steve Davis map" is an example.

Does anyone know where I can find these extra maps? I have been searching for a while but all I find is people talking about it and no location.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
They're buried in the wilds of this humongous unorganized thread:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl-1000-[-vee]/12806-pciii-maps-dl1000.html

The map from Power Commander is ridiculously, laughably bad. It's like they were trying to make it as bad as possible. Seriously -- just look at some of the wild numbers in there.

Anyhoo, don't just grab maps and try them out. Read carefully, and get the map that suits your particular setup -- there are year-to-year differences, and many combinations of exhausts and whatnot. And look at the values in the maps you try to see if they make sense to you.

Many of the download links are broken, so you might want to start at the last page and work your way back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GW, thank you for the link. I will explore it further and play around with it myself until I find a resonable map.

On an unrelated note, I see on your picture that you have an after-market skid plate. Is that the one from this link?

It looks nice online, but I don't want to drop the $240 unless it's wroth while.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts