StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a year and a half to 'crash' on the little DL but I finally managed it. I run a lot of gravel roads (ideally every ride features some). I was coming back from a ROMEO ride and took six mile 'shortcut' I had never been on. There were a half dozen low water bridges on it. If you're not familiar with them, it's a concrete slab with water flowing over if there's been recent rain. If there's been a big rain you'd better wait a few hours for the water to go down.
They can be slippery with moss, so I was just idling along in first gear going across them. No problems until the last one, when the front tire decided to let the rear be the first to go across.
Sorry, no video available. Or witnesses.
Wasn't much danger of drowning in two inches of water. No damage, other than a small scuff on the bottom of the pannier. I had done a similar affair with a GS a number of years ago so I wasn't shocked by the outcome. Just another road hazard out there to watch out for.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Green moss sucks. Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
They can be slippery suckers. I stand up and ride them slow with some revs, like I would through mud. Helps if the front starts to give.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts