StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pictures of the cases I added to my SW QD racks.

They are from doskolsport and are callrd XL all weather pistol cases. They cost about $70 each from Cabelas. They don't look as tough as the pelicans, but seem to be lighter

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0005618220623a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D:hasJS=+&QueryText=doskolsport&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/search/search-box.jsp.22&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=doskolsport&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

They stick out a bit, but the entire rack can be removed in less than a minute.

[/url]

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Mattman, do you have any idea of the capacity in litres and are the cases permanent or detachable. Inquiring minds need to know.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Out of interest what width does your settup come to, the bike looks a good deal narrower than with GIVI's is this the case. :wink:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aussie Stromer 1039 said:
Out of interest what width does your settup come to, the bike looks a good deal narrower than with GIVI's is this the case. :wink:
From center they are 20.5" on the right and
19.5" on the left.

·
Registered
292 Posts
They look good, Matt! If I didn't already have the Givi's I think I would have done something similar, maybe with the pelicans. I love the givi's, but they do make the bike pretty wide. BTW, any idea on where I can get one of those license plate covers :lol:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sasquatch said:
They look good, Matt! If I didn't already have the Givi's I think I would have done something similar, maybe with the pelicans. I love the givi's, but they do make the bike pretty wide. BTW, any idea on where I can get one of those license plate covers :lol:
How wide are Givis anyway?

I got the cover from my garage...ride over here and its yours.

Actually I bought a bunch of these towels at Costco. They are a special knit towel that work great for cleaning. Maybe one these days one will actually knock some dirt my bike :roll: .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang, Sasquatch beat me to the license plate humor! Mattman, the cases look very nice. It would be between those and the Pelican cases if I was going that route.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update

Yesterday I was able to rain test these cases.

The picture above is the second thunder storm I rode through (about an hour after my trip ended). I was about an hour or so east of Morgantown when I got involved with it. The first storm was almost as bad. All total about 3.5 hours of heavy rain. At times it was raining hard enough to limit visibility to under 100' feet or so.

Anyway the insides of the cases were bone dry when I got home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts