StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going on Vacation to a cottage near Dorset Ont. Somehow, I managed to convince my wife to drive the van and kids while I ride up on my bike!
I don't know if I will get much chance to go riding, but if anyone knows some can't miss roads in the area, let me know!
And if there are any trails around, would love to get out on the dirt a bit!
The only off roading I have done is gravel/dirt roads on the (long way) to work.
By the way, some challanging dirt/gravel roads can be found North of Georgetown! (Fallbrook Trail was intersesting).

Pete

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Couple of points - if you don't mind heights, the view from the Dorset Fire Tower is worth the trip up. Dependent on amount of time there's more than a few roads to explore.
1) the big loops - 35-60-62-28-121-118 and back. Takes you through Dwight, Algonquin Park, Bancroft, Paudash/Tory Hill, Haliburton and back home on 35.
2) Elephant Lake Road - runs from 503 north/east to Maynooth (again , a little farther east but a fun road)
3) Dorset to Baysville and north to Huntsville - return by 60/35 to Dorset. Nice drive and not too long.
4) Port Cunnington Road - off 35 near Dwight - doesn't go far but some curves and lots of cottages and views.

I'm a little farther south in my pursuits (Haliburton area) but have done a little driving around there.

If you're into fishing, PM me and I'll point youto a couple of spots on Rabbits Bay / Trading Bay that are always productive.

Safe riding

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,
rhbell, I'll have to print that out and mark a map of those routes.
Heavy, thanks for the link. I remember checking that site out before, good info.
Have some time to plan still, we go from Aug.4-11.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts