StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated grips are only heated by a 1" wide element the length of the grip. On my 07 650 the instructions show that the LH grip's wire needs to point straight down. The problem is that the hot part ends up just on my finger tips and without a firm squeeze the grip feels like it doesn't work at all. By rotating it as shown in the photos the heat is right under my palm and works quite well. I was a bit bummed that the entire grip isn't heated (especially for big $$$) but when positioned they function ok.

http://Snowcommuter.smugmug.com/gallery/1950449/1/98992548

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of heated grips. I noticed that you took extra care to show how the wiring leading to the throttle side grip goes over the kill switch. Is this typical of all installs of the Suzuki heated grips or is there a way to avoid it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
USMC, my installation instructions indicated the right grip wire should lead forward so it doesn't interfer with the kill switch. Mine doesn't cross or interfer with the kill switch in any way. Sorry no pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
>> I have been toying with the idea of heated grips. <<

I use them all year, but when it's really cold, the Gerbing gloves are better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just did a search on that gear. Looks like a good product. Did you purchase a heat troller to go with the gloves or have you found them comfortable enough just to go with the on/off option?
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts