StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went low cost, after reading several reviews and watching youtube videos I decided on the Dominator Round slip on from Poland. The goal was to get rid of the giant heavy can, lose some weight, and improve the exhaust sound to drown out the 1000's mechanical noise :grin2:

$260 all in (Canadian Dollars), including UPS brokerage/custom fees, shipping and product. Took 10 minutes to install, perfect fit. Tried with baffle out and in. Too loud with the baffle out, unless you're a fan of Harley's. With the baffle in it sounds great, almost stock at idle and cruising, but with serious grunt under load.

Very happy with this purchase. Quality piece, looks well made. Unbelievable that something can come all the way from Poland at this price.

Weight, with exhaust, connecting pipe and baffle comes in at 2230g or 4.9 pounds.

A couple of pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Looks great , I'll have to check those out. I'll consider that one, as long as it doesn't make too much sound on the highway at 65 +

·
Registered
155 Posts
very nice, been looking around the Canadian online stores, most are between $650 - $1300.... seems a little crazy for just a can.

does that one need repacking? just curious as to why so much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice, been looking around the Canadian online stores, most are between $650 - $1300.... seems a little crazy for just a can.

does that one need repacking? just curious as to why so much cheaper.
Can't say for sure since I have no baseline to compare against. It's an easy can to open with hex bolts all around. So opening and repacking would be an easy job if needed.

My understanding is that all exhausts eventually need repacking. As to when, that's where you run into debates.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If that muffler holds up it is a heck of a value. It looks good, the header pipe seems well made, and i don't think it is possible to beat the price.
I'll keep you posted on how it holds up. If it's positive you should engage them for a bulk/vendor arrangement. I would rather buy from you than an overseas entity :grin2:

·
Vendor
5,061 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate that and I like to take action where we can to be of service. Right now this one and Delkavic seem like good options for many owners.

We have never sold an Arrow Exhaust for the DL650. They are just simply too expensive. When someone asks about them I feel compelled to point them toward Delkavic. I think I'll just take those pages off our web site and point people to these two sources.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another bargain option for the 14+ 1000 is Danmoto from Revzilla. Multi able styles in the $150 range.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/danmoto-jisu-slip-on-exhaust-suzuki-v-strom-1000-xt-2014-2018
I've got over 15K on mine and love it. Far quieter than the Scorpion on my 650. Thats partially due to the Cat. Also took out a low end stumble my 18 1000 had.
that one looks fantastic. they dont have any pics of it on the bike....can you post one?
sorry, didnt read the quote fully

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
interesting placement of the fog lights, custom or kit?

pipe looks good
Adventure Tech bracket for the larger amber and then on the crash bars a custom bracket for the white.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts