StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the dumb question but I cannot find it anywhere and it doesn't mention it on the Suzuki website but it seems like I keep hearing people mentioning that ABS is an option on the 2012's. Not sure if they are referring to the Wee's which I just figured was obvious since it has been an option since 07 or if they are talking about the Vee's.... Someone set me straight..

·
Registered
924 Posts
It's a shame isn't it?

I think Suzuki have had enough of the Vee and now just wish it would go away. Yearly "updates" of a different colour are meaningless. Only useful if your current bike has worn out -- unlikely given their bullet-proof nature.

The sad part is there seems nothing on the horizon to replace it, not even a mid-range 800 version.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
It apparently makes just enough money that it's worth keeping on the sales floor as long as they don't need to put another penny into it. Considering their total lack of promotion of the bike I don't think you can expect to see them add anything new to it. That would require them to spend some money on marketing the Vee, and raise the price. The Vee fits in the market as a great value bike, that is also a blast to ride. Raising the price will put it up against more modern designs and would cause it lose whatever edge (price) it has.

I suspect only a redesigned modern update of the Vee will see ABS. Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
There is no logic

Yes I am sure they are rebadged 09's Look for tire cracks on your new bike ;)

10 year ago they gave the world a modern interpretation of the classic UJM.
The world said GIXAH!!, me too at the time

However the little punk asses are out of money and credit so the occasional geezer with a check book doesn't look to bad these days.

Noticed my closest dealer once having carried 3 major manufacturers
Honda, Kawai, Yami's now NO LOnger has ANY manufacturers signs on his building.

I wouldn't be surprised if you said 35% of powersport dealers were dead now

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Here is the logic guys. Suzuki isn't doing so great these days, haven't been for many years. Everyone buys used bikes and new bikes sit on dealer floors for years. Arguably because they aren't updating them, plus they have some inherent problems the company is not taking steps to fix (clutch chudder comes to mind).

Their prices for parts are high, so everyone buys aftermarket stuff.

They dumped a ton of money into cars in the US that were not selling very well.

Hopefully Suzuki, as a company hangs around. It's no wonder they aren't concerned about updating the DL1K bikes. All their money is in survival mode at the moment.

Get out there and buy a new Suzuki bike or car. If you like the Strom, support the company and buy a new one.

Read this article. It kind of explains things.

Cycle News - November 15, 2011

·
Registered
924 Posts
Which is why I'm considering a Varadero.
The upcoming Kwaka 1000 Versys doesn't look half bad either.
The 650 version has been out for a while and the motor is the 1043 cc unit from the Z1000 so hopefully the dreaded "new model" gremlins won't appear. Chain drive though, and a 17" front wheel--not good for the dirt guys but terrific for the rest of us. Should be about $17k in Australia just in time for Christmas.
It'll be strange to see an in-line four in an "adventure" bike but at least Kawasaki are trying to keep up. Hello Suzuki???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts