StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally run with a Givi Maxia 52 trunk on my Vee. There are times when I'd like to have a large flat surface. Does anyone make an adapter plate that will latch onto my Givi mount that I can attach to a piece of aluminum plate?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That's a damn good idea... perfect for those trips to the lumberyard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This got discussed on another forum last year sometime. I don't think anyone found an adapter.

I had wondered if you could take a wrecked Givi case, cut the bottom out of it and use it as a base for a flat rack.

I bet Givi could sell a bunch if they made something like that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Try Twisted Throttle. I think SW-Motech makes one.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I normally run with a Givi Maxia 52 trunk on my Vee. There are times when I'd like to have a large flat surface. Does anyone make an adapter plate that will latch onto my Givi mount that I can attach to a piece of aluminum plate?
I'm not sure this is what you have in mind but I use an adjustable topcase mount from Adventure MotoStuff like the following;

Adventure MotoStuff V-Strom Adjustable Topcase Mounting System V3.0 For Givi Monokey Cases

As you can see from the above link the Givi mounting bracket can be removed by removing 4 fasteners and then you are left with a 14" X 12" plate with slots on the side for straps to secure your load similar to the link below that doesn't have the Givi mount.

Adventure MotoStuff V-Strom Luggage Rack V2.0 - Black

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
81 Posts
four bolts on and off (remove back trunk mount). Not a big deal to remove rack for trunk mount.

Homemade with help of local welder for backrest...

·
Registered
302 Posts
four bolts on and off (remove back trunk mount). Not a big deal to remove rack for trunk mount.

Looks nice, though you may want to do something with those corners. I sure wouldn't want to have a run-in with one of those in the event of a get-off. I'd round them off, or cut the corners off to make a 45* bevel like the Adventure moto plate has.

FWIW- I have the Adventure moto plate on my bike, and I love it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks nice, though you may want to do something with those corners. I sure wouldn't want to have a run-in with one of those in the event of a get-off. I'd round them off, or cut the corners off to make a 45* bevel like the Adventure moto plate has.

FWIW- I have the Adventure moto plate on my bike, and I love it.
No worries, with the saddle bags and u-bag on the corners will never get to me (maybe my wife though...)! Worth the $75 for the backrest and rack...

·
Registered
386 Posts

I like it.

What size and thickness did you use? Diamond plate aluminum? Or steel?

Can't really see that well, did you roll the edge to stiffen it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like it.

What size and thickness did you use? Diamond plate aluminum? Or steel?

Can't really see that well, did you roll the edge to stiffen it?
It was pretty thin aluminum diamond plate, a guy I met on the road donated it. I just cut it to size and had the edge turned to stiffen it. Amazing how little these shops charge for small things like that. They cut the spacers too. Powder coat was cheap as the shop had a project in that color so just threw this in.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found one!

I found what I was looking for. It's made by Twisted Throttle and just goes about it differently. It's a plate that attaches to the factory luggage rack and has a quick release mount for a Givi box. The best part is I found it used over on VSRI for about a 1/3 the cost of new. I'm all about being a cheap ass:yesnod:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts