StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

After a long weekend of working on my 2013-DL650 I am left with one small Torx bolt that I can't figure out where it goes. I had a lot taken off the bike and for the life of me can not remember where it goes. Any suggestions would be super appreciated. I have attached a few photos for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Is it actually Torx or did you mean hex? I don't remember ever removing any Torx fasteners on mine. Might help if you listed parts/areas you were working on or removed. Could it have been from an add-on part, like a handlebar clamp?

You can always just ride it until something falls off. ;)

Reactions: D.T.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey G-Dub,

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking at it closely it is definitely a Torx. I know super odd, it is either a T9 or T10. I only had a T9 so that's how it was taken off. I feel like it is from the brake assembly but I can't seem to find where it goes. I have been riding the bike all week with no issues. It's just bothering me when I know I took it off. Areas of the bike that were worked on include front and rear brakes, throttle body, clutch, front forks, and valves.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looks like the right size for the screws holding the handlebar switches, but they are not Torx. Maybe something around the throttle bodies?

·
Administrator
5,753 Posts
I've never removed any torx fasteners from my DL650. How do you know that it definitely came from the bike?

Reactions: D.T.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Ditto, I don't think there are any torx on a DL unless it's an aftermarket part from an accessory.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Me too, don't remember seeing any Torx screws on my DL. :confused:

Did it shear off the threads? They look pretty short.

Seems like you should be able to remember using a Torx wrench to remove it, since there are so few of them on the bike. My SV uses security torx on the TPS sensors and ignition lock.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
There's a few torx bolts on the bike but not many. The only ones that come to mind are the ignition switch screws and the bolts on the TPS sensors.

Reactions: blaustrom

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,348 Posts
Definately does not appear to be an OEM fastener. It looks like the black coating on some chinese fasteners for accessory items.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Do you have a throttle lock on the bike? That looks kind of like a vista cruise adjuster screw or something similar.

·
Registered
213 Posts
"It looks like the black coating on some chinese fasteners for accessory items. "
Man well picked up, didn't even notice.
Head of the class.

Harry

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are some Torx bolts on the DL e.g. the TPS sensor is held in place by a Torx, but the ones I recall are bigger...

Which bits did you remove? May help pinpoint the area of the bike we need to think about

1 - 14 of 14 Posts