StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am trying to contact Robert Schwabe, who was, last I knew, out of Colorado, Phone Number 970-xxx-xxx3, He broke down on a trip to Alaska this summer and I shipped up a Set of Chain and Sprockets for him to get his DL650 going to him in Whitehorse, Yukon territories,

I called him afterward and he confirmed that he was going to PayPal me the Payment that night.

Since then I have not heard from him and had no answer to telephone messages or Emails to him, Does anyone know firstly if is he alright and did he make it back home to Colorado?

Secondly, does anyone know how to reach him as it has been since mid-summer that I have been trying to reach him,

Email me and let me know if you know Robert Schawbe or if you know where to reach and find him now,

I want to make sure he is okay and not in traction in hospital somewhere, and I would also like to the order I shipped him in good faith cleared up so I can maintain my 100% faith in my fellow Stromtroopers,

Thanks all,
Blair

·
Registered
249 Posts
Zaba yielded this phone number for a Robert W. Schwabe: (9xx) xx3-xx9x
But no address in Colorado. There is an older address for him in Arizona.

Sorry to hear you got stiffed... though Karma has a way of dealing with people like that.

Steve

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
DO NOT POST PERSONAL PHONE NUMBERS OF THIRD PARTIES ON THIS FORUM

If the information is relevant send it privately.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Any further news on this shameful event, Blair?
(Shameful to us Stromtroopers)

Has Mr Robert Schwabe done a "moonlight flit" across the border ~ possibly now to be found skulking in Skagway?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Bad Kharma perhaps...how long did you say he waited on the chain and sprockets?

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, in answer to your question of how long Robert Schwabe waited for his Chain and Sprockets Combination; He ordered his Chain and Sprockets Combination on a Thursday, I shipped to him by two day which was the fastest I could find at time,

Turned out there was no Saturday delivery so he received them on the Monday,

As a gesture of good faith and an attempt to make it easy for him I forgave the $42 shipping costs to get the parts to the Yukon quickly and asked him to please simply pay the $180 for the Chain and Sprockets Combination.

That was day he promised to have his accountant look after it that night.

Since then no reply to PayPal and Email Reminders or to Telephone messages requesting that he look after the PayPal invoice,

The good news in all of this is that I have never had any other Fellow Stromtrooper stick me like this and I am happy to say that I have helped out many fellow Stromtroopers in a jam,

So you can be sure I do not consider this experience to be indicative of the norm,

Stromtroopers are great people and this is a great Forum,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Blair can't you file a complaint with Paypal? Getting stiffed hurts, I agree the Stromtroopers are great to deal with and I have not had any issues

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, The problem is that he never paid the PayPal invoice, I shipped the Chain and Sprockets Combination to him prior to receiving payment because he was in a jam stuck in Whitehorse in the Yukon.

One can only hope he will see the light and look after the PayPal in his inbox for the last couple of months,

Thanks,

Blair

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Let's consider striking a blow for Liberty
- or, at least for liberating Blair's SV Racing business from the adverse effects of Blair's Good Samaritan act in this particular case.

Blair's reputation stands tall. He's a useful ornament to the Stroomtrooper website [ Er . . . sorry . . . that sounded a bit klutzy ~ but you know what I meant by it. ]
And he has helped many of us - a very great many.

So I thought - okay, what can we do about it in practical terms?

My first idea was to send in a donation of $20 or so, and appeal to other Stroomtroopers to follow up with some [smaller?] donations until Blair's $150-200 got "covered".
Sort of as a vote of thanks.

Sure, Blair has charitably hinted that this Mr Robert Schwabe could just possibly still be in some Inuit hospital in four-limb traction & still be desperately trying [with the tip of his nose] to press the right i-phone/laptop buttons to activate a PayPal transfer to Blair's account.
However, some cynical Stroomtroopers may already have abandoned such an attractive thought, and may already have re-named Mr R. Schwabe as "Highway Roberty".

But, to proceed : the idea of small one-off donations to Blair, does have a slightly sour edge to it ~ that is, the baseline flag-fall fee charged by some of these PayPal / BigBank / International Transaction Financiers [as well as the usual percentage commissions and - for some of us - the mysteriously generous dollar conversion "add-ons".]

So . . . . what I would like to put forward as a simpler idea is this : that a goodly proportion of Stromtroopers consider adding a voluntary $5 [or more princely $10 . . . ] to the total purchase price at their next transaction with SV Racing Parts. I'm sure that Blair will be quick to raise the flag here, to signal "mission accomplished".

[My apologies, Blair, if this suggestion seems gauchely offensive or patronising ~ but it does seem to have the virtue of simplicity . . . . and we know that most Stromtroopers are Knights-Errant at heart, forever riding out to seek adventure & the righting of wrongs.]

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am trying to contact Robert Schwabe, who was, last I knew, out of Colorado, Phone Number 970-xxx-xxx3, He broke down on a trip to Alaska this summer and I shipped up a Set of Chain and Sprockets for him to get his DL650 going to him in Whitehorse, Yukon territories,

I called him afterward and he confirmed that he was going to PayPal me the Payment that night.

Since then I have not heard from him and had no answer to telephone messages or Emails to him, Does anyone know firstly if is he alright and did he make it back home to Colorado?

Secondly, does anyone know how to reach him as it has been since mid-summer that I have been trying to reach him,

Email me and let me know if you know Robert Schawbe or if you know where to reach and find him now,

I want to make sure he is okay and not in traction in hospital somewhere, and I would also like to the order I shipped him in good faith cleared up so I can maintain my 100% faith in my fellow Stromtroopers,

Thanks all,
Blair
Maybe something did happen to him

This is a little about his past riding

- Robert Schwabe, sponsored by Dean Padgett, has been riding since 1982. Robert rides a „91 Honda
ST1100, a „06 Suzuki V-Strom 650 and a ‟97 Yamaha TW200, lives in Breckenridge, Colorado and
works as a Bio Medical Engineer

I located him on facebook and sent him this email

Excuse me, but Blair racing sent you a chain/sprocket combo when you broke down in the Yukon and even ate the $42 shipping to help you. Your accountant failed to pay him, could you please check into that. He's a really good guy

He may have simply thought his accountant paid you. I hope this clears the matter up and he contacts you shortly with payment. It's good to have people to count on.

Hope you don't mind my butting in

And since we can't post personal info here I sent you his mailing address, his phone number and his fax number in a PM. If he doesn't pay let me know and I'll PM anyone else the information so we can ALL call him/fax him and ask him for the money.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's consider striking a blow for Liberty
- or, at least for liberating Blair's SV Racing business from the adverse effects of Blair's Good Samaritan act in this particular case.

Blair's reputation stands tall. He's a useful ornament to the Stromtrooper website [ Er . . . sorry . . . that sounded a bit klutzy ~ but you know what I meant by it. ]
And he has helped many of us - a very great many.

So I thought - okay, what can we do about it in practical terms?

My first idea was to send in a donation of $20 or so, and appeal to other Stromtroopers to follow up with some [smaller?] donations until Blair's $150-200 got "covered".
Sort of as a vote of thanks.

Sure, Blair has charitably hinted that this Mr Robert Schwabe could just possibly still be in some Inuit hospital in four-limb traction & still be desperately trying [with the tip of his nose] to press the right i-phone/laptop buttons to activate a PayPal transfer to Blair's account.
However, some cynical Stromtroopers may already have abandoned such an attractive thought, and may already have re-named Mr R. Schwabe as "Highway Robert".

But, to proceed : the idea of small one-off donations to Blair, does have a slightly sour edge to it ~ that is, the baseline flag-fall fee charged by some of these PayPal / BigBank / International Transaction Financiers [as well as the usual percentage commissions and - for some of us - the mysteriously generous dollar conversion "add-ons".]

So . . . . what I would like to put forward as a simpler idea is this : that a goodly proportion of Stromtroopers consider adding a voluntary $5 [or more princely $10 . . . ] to the total purchase price at their next transaction with SV Racing Parts. I'm sure that Blair will be quick to raise the flag here, to signal "mission accomplished".

[My apologies, Blair, if this suggestion seems gauchely offensive or patronising ~ but it does seem to have the virtue of simplicity . . . . and we know that most Stromtroopers are Knights-Errant at heart, forever riding out to seek adventure & the righting of wrongs.]

Thanks for the kind offer, I appreciate it and the Stromtrooper Spirit that it embodies.

However, I have to respectfully decline and say Thank You for your offer but I am not looking for anyone else to pay or reimburse me or make it so someone else's failure to honor their promises and commitments are covered.

The One Time I was able to get Robert Schwabe to answer, which is sometime ago now, He told me his accountant would have it paid that night,

I hope it is looked after by Robert,

In the Interim, I am carrying on trusting Stromtroopers and helping all Stromtroopers out in any way that I can,

I will also be happy to work with and help Robert out as well as soon as I can get together with him and work out this current situation,

Thanks again for your offer and suggestion, and most importantly concern, I really do appreciate it.

Blair

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I think that we are going way off topic here. The subject is a request to locate a person people should keep that in mind when replying.
Blair please PM me and let me know whether you are happy for me to close this thread as it appears to have run it's course.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I think that we are going way off topic here. The subject is a request to locate a person people should keep that in mind when replying.
Blair please PM me and let me know whether you are happy for me to close this thread as it appears to have run it's course.
It got off topic after the first message.

Please feel free to delete this.

·
Registered
15,403 Posts
I think the villagers, in righteous indignation, should gather up pitch forks and flaming brands and hunt down the perpetrator on this heinous impropriety.
Or all got out for a burger.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
That's it.

Thread closed.

If anybody has sensible information that can help Blair who is a long time supporter of this forum and it's members please communicate with him by PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.