StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying the lower saddle for the 2012 Wee. It is only 20mm lower, that said, .7 of inch is still lower. I wondered if it is as comfortable as the stock seat on the 2012 (which I do find comfortable, but would like to be 1/2-1 inch lower). I have already lowered the bike 1 1/8 inch with the Kouba gold links. Thanks in advance.

frosty

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Have you lowered the front yet? You can do 3/4" there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also cut the rubber blocks under the seat in half. Try that and see if it helps a bit. I figured that was cheaper than a new seat from Suzuki.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought it and use it. I'm 5' 9". The lower seat made enough of a difference that I am no longer considering a lowering kit. Got it from Oneida Suzuki. It is a little less comfortable than the stock seat. Overall, I'm glad I made the change (especially at stoplights!).

·
Registered
418 Posts
I use one and it's fine. At first it seemed less comfortable than the standard, but on longer rides (>300 miles) it actually feels like it fits better. I'm 5'8" with a 30 inseam. Side effects are that it brings my arms closer to the bars (good) but also cramps my legs a bit (bad). I have a new Alaska buttpad I'm going to try next ride.

But overall, it just feels better for my body size so I decided to keep it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I lowered it 1 1/8' with the Kouba Link so now I can reach the ground on tip toes. I think I will get the lower seat and that will take me down 20mm which will make it so I can touch the ground with the balls of both feet. That's close enough for me. I rode all day today in the North Georgia mountains and realized I need to move the stock windshield to the highest setting and lower it in the front another 3/4 inch or so (forks). Other than that, it's awesome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought a low seat from Suzuki few months after getting my new Vee... Now I have my two feet on the ground instead of just one... Feel more confortable and more safer when it is windy or the road uneven,

·
Registered
220 Posts
The lowered seat is better than the reg height, I have tried both for several days of riding and being 5'8", it is no comparison. Too bad you were not in Canada, I would sell you mine for cheap, as I have a heated Corbin on order :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts