StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone out there has a PC map for a stock 2002 that gets rid of this crazy surging and chudder at 2000-3000rpm I'd really appreciate you sharing it with me. Tried to ride 'forks of the credit' today and it's actually dangerous on my DL1000. I was following a slow moving car for a bit (35-45kmh) and my bike was jerking and chugging like crazy. Almost dumped it in a corner because of it. How can Suzuki sell something like this. Im really getting tired of this bike. A decent map would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Can't help you with a PC map, but if you want a Yosh box remap for very little cost, contact exsporty. He is in Aurora or Richmond Hill. I had him do mine and it made a big difference. One thing though, if you are trying to ride the Vee at 2000 rpm, it'll never be happy. Drop down a gear or 2.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
I agree.... 4000 rpms is the happy spot...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2tall - what's a yosh box? I've heard it referenced a few times on here. I thought it was just a kind of PC?

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's a remap tool that plugs into the bike. It doesn't stay on the bike like a PC.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I'm using the "monkeygrass" map on my stock 2002:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/587413-post227.html

I think the "drone" map is also worth a try.

The map thread can be quite tedious and confusing -- too many folks are maddeningly unclear about what year Vee they have (there are significant differences, people) and what intake/exhaust they have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - I just installed the Steve Davis map and WOW. As many have said, it's like a new bike. PM me if you want it.

I installed it on a stock 2002 DL1000

·
Registered
20 Posts
Why not attach the map? I have a stock 03 that I just bought a PCIII for...does the map you're running solve the off-idle stalling / hesitation? Assuming you had that problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
good running map

Update - I just installed the Steve Davis map and WOW. As many have said, it's like a new bike. PM me if you want it.

I installed it on a stock 2002 DL1000
I thought that was a good running map also, fairly rich though as my tail pipes were black. 04DL1000 with Leo Vince Exhaust, stock air cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts