StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I got a new 1000 DL and till now i have got 180 miles on it. I have read on the forum that u get a knocking or the engine missing a beat (i dont know if stalling is the right word for this) if u are running on lower revs. I checked my bike and around 1100-1200 definately above 1000. Is it normal for the strom to act this way (missing a beat) as i am also riding it below the 4500 mark untill its been broken.
And do i have to use the 87 fuel or can i go for the 91 as the manual says the "87 or higher grade fuel".
Let me know.
Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Use the 87 or your bike will run like crap...it's been proven time and time again.

V

·
0 Posts
Sometime the bikes run rough due to EPA requirements. A power commander seems to fix things. I bought mine used and it already had a power commander and runs great with no missing or knock or anything.

Y

·
0 Posts
how hard is a power commander to install? I've got pretty limited mechanical aptitude, should i get a certified mechanic to do it?

D

·
0 Posts
Actually, you don't have to buy a PowerCommander to remedy the stuttering. All 'Stroms come from the factory with settings to accomodate the EPA. If you have a competent mechanic, he will be able to dial out the poor mapping (using a little black box of some sort).
Took my wrench all of 3 minutes to make her run like a champ. 8)

-DD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts