StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand its taboo to do "testing waters" and so I'm not listing this yet because I can't figure out if anyone would even care.

I unfortunately have to sell my Vstrom 1000. I bought it new in 09, and It has only 2500 miles on it, and I have only about 500 miles on the lower fairing. I had to find someone who speaks french to order it from outside of the country in order to get it here stateside. I know some other people are interested in these, but I don't know if its "worth" trying to remove it, sell it separately, and some how try to figure out how to ship it... or if I should just include it with the bike for no value.

When I bought it, these were in high demand but were getting hard to find. I bought it new and painted it '06 red. I saw one listed on Ebay though brand new with 0 buyers for a while, and the guy was only asking $240 for it. The only problem is its in Poland... I'm sure its worth my time if I can sell it for about the same amount, but if he can't move it NEW..

So this is my question:
Is anyone still interested in these lower fairings? Does it make sense to try to remove it and sell it, or is it a waste of time?

I'm in Southwest ohio which is relatively devoid of Vstrom owners.. haha.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I am interested, but had never heard of it before. How does the riding change with it? I have An '06 DL650. Does it fit the Wee?

Bill

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I have no idea if it fits the Wee.

It looks the same, and the website has it listed for both the 650 and the 1000, but it doesn't mention if they are the "same" or not. I'm trying Google Translate, but its in French.

Détail pièces

You can search the forum for info on them. The main benefit besides looks is it is supposed to help eliminate buffetting. There was a distributor in the US (I actually think it was in Canada), but they went out of business like 8-10 years ago. Now you have to order them from France. They are actually built really well (as all the other reviews on the forum will attest to). I think they were like $500 unpainted and $600 painted.

Its weird... I feel like in 08-2012 everyone wanted them, and now I don't see any talk about them since '12, but maybe thats because of the distributorship.

Based on at least your interest, I think I'll probably try to take them off this weekend and then post them in the "For Sale" section of the forums.

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The pictures in the link are of a Wee. It may be offered for both bikes but they are different, not interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts