StromTrooper banner

Do not buy !!! (the frustrated buyer thread)

5741 Views 32 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  scrivens

Looks Cool but not waterproof !!! We are specting more rain here in Sydney. I just bought "Dririder Hurricane Waterproof Rain Suit Black‏" any comments on this? hopefully will arrive before the rain stops
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
878 Posts
I can tell from looking at those for 2 seconds that they aren't serious riding boots and certainly not waterproof. Hint: you will never see good waterproof boots with laces on the front :thumbdown:

· Registered
603 Posts
I can tell from looking at those for 2 seconds that they aren't serious riding boots and certainly not waterproof. Hint: you will never see good waterproof boots with laces on the front :thumbdown:
Lace-up boots can be waterproof if they are constructed similar to waterproof hiking boots, with a sealed panel up front. My Cruiserworks Defenders do not leak. But I tend to agree that those boots in the original post do not look up to the task.

· Registered
230 Posts
The "Cycle Gear" private brand "BILT" STORM supposedly waterproof boots are not waterproof. If you show them a picture of water spray.... they get wet like a high school girl at the prom!

Purchased and returned a couple weeks later. Return was hassle free, but I would have loved the boot to actually be waterproof!

Light rain, 23 mile ride to work, no standing water, just light mist from front tire.

· Registered
166 Posts
I don't have the receipt : ( they are 1.5 years old

Been sitting in my office with wet socks all day !!!

I will try pulling the lazes more like in the photo that might make them more water tight.

SOMEBODY have boots that are really waterproof?
How have you managed to go a year and a half, with the weather we've had, without finding out that yer cool looking ankle boots were not 100% waterproof?

Latte runs only? Fair weather rider?

· Premium Member
8,054 Posts
Looks Cool but not waterproof !!! We are specting more rain here in Sydney. I just bought "Dririder Hurricane Waterproof Rain Suit Black‏" any comments on this? hopefully will arrive before the rain stops
They don't look tall enough to be waterproof.

· Premium Member
1,751 Posts
BMW Allround boots is definitely waterproof with real gore-tex and very very easy to walk in from day one - 40,000kms later, still performs like it was new. It's not the most warmth insulating boots- your feet does get a bit cold at temp less than 10c, but this means the boots can be worn at 30c without too much sweat either.

Best thing is, even though it's got a BMW tag on it, it retails for $320 rrp, not too bad.

· Administrator
15,291 Posts
My Alpinestar Web Goretex boots have proven to be waterproof. I don't know how the boots in the picture could realistically keep you feet dry even if they were completely wateroproof.. they are much too short and water is bound to get in over the top.

..Tom

· Registered
816 Posts
My Sidi Strada Rain / Sidi Strada Tepor Evo / whatever the **** you call them are also NOT waterproof.

This pair is ~1 year old (warranty replacement from a pair with a busted zipper) and both leak around the soles. Thinking about having em replaced under warranty...

· Registered
2,275 Posts
I wouldn'd expect ankle high boots to keep much water out anyway :confused:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.