StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front sprocket is starting to hook, so I am going to swap it out. Chain and rear seem fine at the moment.

Looking on Fleebay I see lots of sprockets for the Vee but nothing specifically for V2, is it the same?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The part numbers are different.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The JT sprocket site shows the same part number for both model years, but not with a US flag on the 2014-16, does that mean the European front sprocket is different than US?

JT Sprockets: Catalogue

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I tried JT front sprocket on mine, without rubber dumpeners, and didn't like it. Felt quite a vibrations from the engine. Swapped to Suzuki one and all good now.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tried JT front sprocket on mine, without rubber dumpeners, and didn't like it. Felt quite a vibrations from the engine. Swapped to Suzuki one and all good now.
What part number did you use for that? I think the OEM one is fine as well.

NM, found it. Looks like 27510-20A40

$60+ bucks, ooch.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yes, it's not cheap. I went with 16T Suzuki sprocket for GSX-R 600 2008, part# 2751020A10 and the price was about the same.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The JT sprocket is $18. I can live with a bit of extra noise for that kind of savings. I will likely switch it out again when I do rear and chain before my next trip anyways.

JT has a rubberized version of it too (JTF520RB), but I am having trouble finding a reseller for it. The part number is not showing on Google anywhere. I have emailed them, hopefully I get a reply before end of the year.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Hold off, Bugz, if your into the 16T sprocket. I tried it sans the dampers and ended up switching back because I found excess vibration. It's around here somewhere. Let me have a look.

Yep, got it, PMd u.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hold off, Bugz, if your into the 16T sprocket. I tried it sans the dampers and ended up switching back because I found excess vibration. It's around here somewhere. Let me have a look.

Yep, got it, PMd u.

I will definitely give that a try for free, thanks. :)

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Bugzy - how many miles does it have?

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I installed the sprocket ToadRide sent me last night. It is a 16T and I look forward to testing out the difference from 17T. Perhaps one sprocket less is not that noticeable?

It occurred to me after removing the old sprocket, that I could have probably turned it around. The hook is mainly wear on the inside, not so much the points so flipping it around would extend the life. I will hold onto this sprocket for a bit, might get a bit more use out of it yet.

Changing out that sprocket is a piece of pie if you know how.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The JT sprocket is $18. I can live with a bit of extra noise for that kind of savings. I will likely switch it out again when I do rear and chain before my next trip anyways.

JT has a rubberized version of it too (JTF520RB), but I am having trouble finding a reseller for it. The part number is not showing on Google anywhere. I have emailed them, hopefully I get a reply before end of the year.
I'm trying to find this sprocket too. Where is it out there? :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts