StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 650 vstrom with a charging system problem. Im trying to test the regulator rectifier and the manual I downloaded says pull the side cowling off ect. I did that but i can see no way to get to the plug without removing the tank .Did I miss a step or is the plug just a monster to get to

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
This is the one with the R/R up front on the left, peeking out from under the tank, correct?

Can you get to the R/R mounting bolts? If you can get it loose, then you can pull it out a bit and unplug the connector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the one with the R/R up front on the left, peeking out from under the tank, correct?

Can you get to the R/R mounting bolts? If you can get it loose, then you can pull it out a bit and unplug the connector.
Thanx for the response.It's on the right side and the wires & plugs were tucked up inside the frame in such a way that I couldn't pull the R/R down after removing the mounting bolts. Had to pull the fuel tank and the airbox. When i get the replacement parts I'll reroute the things a bit so if there is a next time I wont have to pull the tank ect.
Thanx.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone tell me where suzuki decided to put the ground wire on the 2008 wee. One end on the battery and the other end? Please dont tell me its buried and all but inaccessible between the engine and frameI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts