StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, how much difference can 1" up and 1" back make? The ones that came on my recently acquired DL650 gave out - couldn't be tightened. Guess the aluminum wasn't hard enough. Pretty exciting ride home with handlebars flapping!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had 1" up and 1" back risers and I noticed a big difference, I felt like the bars were too close for my tall self.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
How much difference does one inch in a car seat adjustment make? It means a lot to some people. My one inch risers feel a lot better on my shoulders when I ride.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
They work for me. After installation, it felt like somebody had pulled the knife out from between my shoulder blades.

·
Registered
482 Posts
ROX!

Buy the Rox risers, and you get a lot more positions than just up and back. When I ride for an extended distance off road, I move them forward so that the riser is sticking up vertical from the clamp. This makes it so much nicer to stand up. I will stand up 50% of the time with this arrangement.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Buy the Rox risers, and you get a lot more positions than just up and back. When I ride for an extended distance off road, I move them forward so that the riser is sticking up vertical from the clamp. This makes it so much nicer to stand up. I will stand up 50% of the time with this arrangement.
+1.

Plus the risers make standing on the pegs over rough terrain more comfortable and with greater control.

·
Registered
251 Posts
hmmmmm?........

I'm just gonna take a shot here that you aren't in yer 60's yet? I can shift any joint or my back 1 inch and it's a world of difference? :yikes:

Flint

p.s. after I put mine on I could sit a lot longer...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
After I put the tall gel seat on, my handlebars felt way to low, installed a set of Rox risers (the cheap ones, just up, not much back) and everything felt great again. Also helped with the knife in the back feeling. Cheers--BB

S

·
0 Posts
I felt like I was leaning on the stock bars a bit to much. Not much, just a bit. I gave it a few days and decided I wanted to move them.

To decide where/how much, I sat on the bike and mimed riding in what felt to me like the "right" position - yes, I felt like a bit of a dufus. But revving an imaginary throttle, and pulling an imaginary clutch, you CAN'T be leaning on the bars. When I felt like I had the position "right," I looked at where my hands were - coincidence, I'm sure, but up about 1," back about 1".

I was pretty surprised how much difference an inch makes (I know, "that's what SHE said"). An inch of windscreen, an inch of seat height, an inch of sag, and inch of kickstand length, an inch of bar position, an inch of peg, brake pedal, or shifter movement ... it all makes a very noticeable difference, IMO.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
+2 :thumbup:

·
contributed too
57 Posts
Forword...

I put mine on and did not like it... I took them off,through them on the bench....

Got to fooling around the bike one day and tried them up and forword? I love it!

Just got back from the east coast 3600mi, my hand use to get numb, not any more 784mi one day... I would also add the ROX RISER sounds like a great idea...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody. I am an old coot. Was wondering really about lower back relief. Sounds like risers will help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have short arms, and the bike feels like it fits me perfectly now with 1-up 1-back risers. Easier on my hands, arms, shoulders and back. I'm only 32 and wasn't having much pain, but it really reduces the fatigue and lets me enjoy the ride for a lot longer at a time.

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
Watching this with interest. My V with the sidecar requires massive steering effort in corners, wind, etc. and until I can reduce the trail to reduce effort I was looking at up and back too. I am 6' 1'' and SKINNY and the bars feel right but kills the shoulders. Would "getting up on the wheel" like they say in NASCAR give better leverage? Sorry for hijack.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My girl got me the anti vibe rox risers (orderd standard ones) for Christmas. Had them on for about a week and hated them. Riding position seemed to be improved, but I lost every bit of front end feel. Pulled them and replaced with 25 mm blocks from TT, and they are great. Riding position a littl mopre comfortable, just as much feel as stock. Haven't put a ton of miles on them yet, however.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts