StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of the ball rack feeling, any idea's? I have a stock seat, has anybody else had the feeling? Any cures?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The cure is easy. Take a motorcycle ride to Corbin (Hollister, CA), Rick Mayer (Anderson, CA), or Bill Mayer (Ojai, CA) and get a seat made to fit YOU. Or take a longer trip to Russell (Mt. Shasta City, CA), Mr. Ed (Albany, OR) or Rich O'Connor (Kingston, WA). Advance reservations only.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm tired of the ball rack feeling, any idea's? I have a stock seat, has anybody else had the feeling? Any cures?
It's usually your pelvic bones that hurt like hell. Try a custom seat.

·
Super Moderator
4,629 Posts
I was expecting Janice to chime in and say she doesn't have a problem! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I was expecting Janice to chime in and say she doesn't have a problem! :mrgreen:

Will I do?

I don't have a problem either! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even easier cure: Take a one hour ride on a DR-650 with a stock seat. Afterward, you will rejoice in the comparative luxurious comfort of your DL-650.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wear suspenders for your sack and stop sitting on your balls!

Stock seat for me = numb twins and a sore coccyx...

Suzuki gel seat = perfect

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
I finally bit the bullet and got a Corbin seat. Tried almost everything to stop the pain, discomfort and lack of fun on 2 wheels. Shoulda done this 3 or 4 years ago.

·
Administrator
17,735 Posts
Even easier cure: Take a one hour ride on a DR-650 with a stock seat. Afterward, you will rejoice in the comparative luxurious comfort of your DL-650.

For sure!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
On the seat all day every day 14 days straight. 6k miles. Stock seat. No discomfort yet.
I would say that proves without a doubt that seat comfort is indeed subjective. I rode my RT for fortythousand miles with a stock seat and could not imagine why there was a problem. But I tried a different seat on a dare and bought it immediatly ,

Now on the Wee , I can only feel comfortable for about an hour or two and endure it up to eight hours but I am looking for a better seat because being uncomfortable is no longer a given on a motorcyle as good as the Wee so why not invest in one that suits you. There's the rub, how to decide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just finished my first Iron Butt Saddle Sore with a gel seat. I wore UA boxer-briefs (may be TMI but its in the interest of science) and rode 1040 miles in 20 hours with nary a complaint from the boys. Wearing loose boxers or riding commando (not that there's anything wrong with that) may be part of the reason for discomfort. UA or LD Comforts, throw in some Anti Monkey Butt powder and you're good to go!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts