StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some Givi E22 side cases and other than the key req'd for access I am happy with them. What was GIVI thinking when they designed that key latch? Now I am forced to leave the spare keys in them unless I don't plan on taking the key out of the ignition each and every time I want it. Sheesh. Do all GIVI Trekker top boxes require a key to access?

Now Ive got to buckle down and find a top case for a big trip coming up. I have been thinking along the Pelican case approach of something square and flat, so can bungy things to the top, but I cant seem to put all the req'd mounting parts together and I dont know what top plate to use? I'm all ears if anybody has done it and can assist. I contacted Cariboo cases and they said nogo on thew 2014+ DL1000.

I thought a search on "Trekker" here would produce more hits than it did. Open to any suggestions on top boxes. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
All the cases I've looked at specifically for motorcycles have one or two locks on them for mounting and opening the case, and are pretty expensive once you get the case, locks and all the mounting hardware. (Like this one that I have: SW-MOTECH TraX EVO Alu-Box 38 Liter Top Case - RevZilla ) You can improvise more cheaply and no locks with something like Pelican, but then mounting can be a problem if you want to be able to remove it quickly. If you want to leave it on the bike, you can just bolt it directly to the rear rack. May not be any help since you've probably already figured all this out...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I recently bought some Givi E22 side cases and other than the key req'd for access I am happy with them. What was GIVI thinking when they designed that key latch? Now I am forced to leave the spare keys in them unless I don't plan on taking the key out of the ignition each and every time I want it. Sheesh. !
Maybe not the answer that you are looking for, but I use a quick-detach keychain. When the ignition key goes in the bike, the luggage, house, and gate keys all go together in the tank bag for easy access...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts