StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so, I'm breaking in this new motor, more or less following the recomendation of the dealer and owners manual, keeping it 'mostly' below 5K, but this is not a thread on how or whether to break in your motor.... If that interests you, maybe another thread would be a good idea..

I'm watching the MPG readouts on the dash, and coming from a DL1000, which would get between 38 and 41 MPG under most riding conditions I'm wondering what to expect on this one. Suzuki claims an increase in miles per gallon, I've often read here about the great mileage on the old 650, so I measured my mileage at a fill up yesterday.

The relults:
Odometer = 266 miles.
Distance traveled 186.
Fuel 3.4 gallons (US). Premium, no alcohol
MPG = 54.7
Riding = mixed, alone, two up, some city,some hwy.

Any other riders of the 2012 care to share results? Maybe not very scientific, but might be interesting. Especially those past the breakin, commuting and such.

·
Registered
255 Posts
the first 50 miles i did on my 2012 vstrom I got around 61mpg

If im driving around town then it goes around 54mpg, and if im using motorways it goes around 58mpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
the first 50 miles i did on my 2012 vstrom I got around 61mpg

If im driving around town then it goes around 54mpg, and if im using motorways it goes around 58mpg
NOTE: This dude ("bloke") is in London and fills up with Imperial Gallons, not US.
:)

I've put 260 miles on my bike, a 200 lb. guy riding solo in a mix of highway and local riding but my local riding is in NYC so it's lots of stopping. The trip computer tells me I've averaged about 45 MPG doing this. Not bad at all. After break-in and when the weather improves I'll try to take a longer road trip to get a sense of its touring range for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
After the last fill up (reset the trip meter) the display shows 51.1 mph U.S. for me. 541 miles on the bike so far.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
A few months now ~4000km.

~23.5km/l stop and start commute in 60kph traffic.

~25.5km/l riding around the back roads 80-100kph.

Best 29km/l - long ride on roads where high speeds weren't an option.

Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts