StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hoping someone can shine some light on wether or not I can do a straight swap with my 3 spoke cast wheels for some spoked ones? My bike is a 2016 Dl650 & I am looking at replacing the 3 spokes with a pair of spoked tubeless wheels off a 2018 Dl650 XT, I am guessing the spacing will be the same as the fork & swing arm & brakes 'seem' identical, however I read about speed sensor placement been different between cast & spoked? Any info muchly appreciated! :smile2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
your problem is not going to be fitment and the tone rings are for abs only not speed sensor. the speed sensor is on the front sprocket.

the [problem your going to have is finding the spokers. very pricey and those that have them tend to keep tight hold on them. if your lucky enough to find a set the question is can you afford to buy them. There is an aftermarket manufacturer but a set starts somewhere close to 2k US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought I would answer my original question & confirm that the new DL650XT wheels will fit on 2012-16 650 'Stroms, bolt straight on & the sprocket carrier can be swapped between the cast & spoked wheels also which is handy. Oh & they look SWEET! Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts