StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to order a sidstand from Partzilla for my '16 DL650 (looong story). The '12 and later have a different part number and I did some comparisons between the new one and the stand of my 2011 Wee before I mounted the new one. (see photo)
The only differences that I can see are the extra gusset on the back of the foot and a slightly longer slot on the new stand (left side of photo) and maybe a slight difference in overall length (hard to measure). The shoulder bolt that goes thru is exactly the same size.
I mounted the older stand on the new bike without the springs and there doesn't seem to be any interference caused by the shorter slot.

Just curious if anyone has run the old style stand on the newer bikes, I would like to get one from a junk yard to shorten so I can keep the original for when I sell the bike. Seems like there would be a lot more used Wee stands out there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,520 Posts
If it fits, and it works, then use one. Manufacturers can change part numbers for a myriad of different reasons - like perhaps there was a change of sub contractor supplier. Who is to know or care. If it fits use it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts