StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try I: stock XR650L Rock Guard (requires two 2" spacers & 9 1/2" X 3/8" bolt - and a bracket to hang from the Oil Cooler bottom bolt).

TryII is a stock plastic XR650R Skid Guard attached to a Givi Engine guard (Installed over the XR650L guard). I had to make a bracket to wrap around the 1" diameter Givi tubing. Since I do not plan on taking this on serious trail rides - Plastic is O.K. The plastic XR650R Skid Guard does require a small metal spacer to keep the hot exhaust from melting it!

Part# for XR650R Plastic Guard: 50351-MBN-670ZC (H/C 6374151)
Should be less than $50 via a Honda Dealer.

Most serious XR dirt riders upgrade stock guards to Heavy duty Skid Plates. Should be several stock XR guards for available.

Pictures at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcmann87/album?.dir=1760&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mcmann87/my_photos

Tom from Georgia

·
Registered
275 Posts
As I said before... That looks very good

Question:
on version 2
You have left the Pipe Guard on there (from version 1)

and then mounted the pan to it ?

I agree, it's not for rock hopping or Serious off road...

But I always thought the oil filter was a little too exposed...
this is a Nice cover for the pipe and oil filter.. keep it clean and protected

Shweeeeet!

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - both guards are attached - but the plastic XR650R guard is attached independently of the XR650L metal guard. The XRL metal guard gives better protection from rocks & the Plastic XRR Guard protects from debris & road grime. If you have an engine guard like a Givi or Motech - then you can attach a XR650R plastic guard by itself (making a couple hanger brackets). Of course, the ultimate Aluminum Skid Guard is the SW Motech.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea! :?: Re option #2: How is the guard attached to the bike on the bottom at the rear end of the plastic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts