StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. If it's not too personal, what is your inseam? Mines 32" and I keep hoping I'll come close to flat-footing the 650.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 5'9" (if I stretch).. a little less than a 32" inseam. I bet you will touch. I couldn't flat foot with a stock seat, but that doesn't bother me on my F650, so it won't bother me on the DL650. Damn comfy seat on the DL650, at least for a stock bike.

For the shorter-stature crowd, you might want to look at the MG Breva. It's a few inches shorter.

B

·
0 Posts
Howboucha Tedder!
It looks like the DL650 is a natural fit for you. I hope you get one so you can let us know what you think.

I noticed that the windscreen has a large lip compared to the 1000. Did the zuk guys say if it is the factory screen or one of their accessories?

Brendan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey tedder,

Tried to write you yesterday but it kept telling me "invalid session".

Anyway, I was wondering how you found the ergos compared to the F650 - I found the F a little too tight in the knee bend.

G

·
0 Posts
QBOTU- it felt less "folded" than a F650. The pegs are a little bit forward (I think). I liked the ergos. Compared to the FZ6, it has a longer tail (the FZ6 doesn't have a rack/shelf behind the pillion). Compared to the Breva, it's just a bigger bike. The breva feels about 20% smaller in all directions. The 599 feels more like a Duc- it is hard to make a good comparison.

Back to the F650 comparison, I was surprised at how long the fairing is in front of the handlebars. I can touch the windshield on my F650 without leaning forward; can't do that on the DL650. That's not a problem, but it surprised me.

I was also surprised that the tank is metal. There's some room for a bigger tank in some places; here's hoping Acerbis designs one. Also, the fairing that is cladded to the sides of the gas tank have vents near the rider, and intakes up at the front. Should help reduce buffeting- the DL1000 doesn't have those.

Brendan- the zuk guys were pitiful. Knew less about the bike than you can find on the website.. so I dunno about an aftermarket windscreen. The screen was a long ways away, but I wouldn't be surprised if it flips air above the rider with a laminar airflow.

Oh, and the DL650 has a locking glovebox below the rear rack/shelf. It was locked, so I don't know how big it is. Certainly large enough for a pair of gloves, though :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks tedder!

I'm looking forward to the Motorcycle Show so I can get a firsthand sit. I kept thinking if one of you west coasters had some REAL negative comments, I'd jump at the used '03 at my local dealer and forget the 650 - after hearing your report, I'm just gonna hafta wait :lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
givi

So I emailed Givi, and got this back:

"Hi, its too early to say right now, but I am sure we will have hardware for
this model."

Not terribly helpful, but "I am sure" sounds pretty confident that they will release brackets for the 650. No real surprise, but it's nice to have the confirmation.

F

·
0 Posts
I'm guessing the the rack and luggage for the dl 1000 won't feet the 650 then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts