StromTrooper banner

DL650 lifting the front wheel off the floor with Centrestand

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  BuckyD 
#1 · (Edited)
Of course you can place a weight on the rear carrier to lift the front wheel off the floor, I prefer to use stands at the front of the bike.

I'll try to describe my method with pictures, I had previously built these stands for my tubular frame Kawasaki ZR-7, so some slight modifications were necessary.

Pic 1/ shows the 50mm (2 inch ) block that goes under the front wheel + the timber stands and the 10mm axle which passes through the lower end of the engine...look for hole, I drilled out the hole to 12mm with the intention of using a larger diameter axle.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Personally I prefer to get a buxom blonde in a topless bikini to sit on the pillion seat......it works a treat for getting the front wheel off the ground.

But then I forget why I was working on the bike in the first place. :biggrinjester:

#10 ·
I put a preventer strap pulling forward on the centerstand to keep it from folding when I'm pulling or pushing on a wrench, and a floor jack under the bash plate.

#13 ·
Jacking up the front end...

I use the center stand and then I have an engine bolt from another motorcycle (about 18" long) that I put through the "extra" engine bolt hole on the bottom of the engine and use two scissor jacks (one on each side of the bolt) to raise and lower the front end. I have used this method since my SV650 days starting in 1999. Just used it a few minutes ago to put new tires on the Strom. Works great and I and lower or raise it by just turning the jacks by hand. Simple for me anyway. Now if I could just get used to re-installing the rear wheel a little easier I would be set! :headbang:

Finally ziptied the brake caliper to the swingarm and used my legs and won! I was about out of energy messing with it tonight but finally prevailed! I was beginning to wonder....

:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.