StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning handguards for the 650 and their availability. I have been unable to find them at my Suzuki dealer in Belleville Ontario. Does anyone have a part number or supplier for the wee-strom handguards in Canada? I found a part number on the Suzuki USA site, but according to my local shop it is not a valid number in Canada. I have noticed many Canadian troopers have the handguards for the 650 and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I appreciate any assistance that anyone can offer.

Thanks,

SS

·
Registered
59 Posts
Suzuki Canada Reply

I asked Suzuki Canada for the information you are seeking and received this answer.

Thank you for contacting Suzuki Canada.

Part no.
57300-27821-291
COVER SET,KNUCKLE DL

Estimated arrival time is still unknown.

Regards,

Customer Relations
Relations à la clientèle
(905) 889-2677 ext. 2254
SUZUKI CANADA INC.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Tony's cycle in Kingston might have some and if not it only took 4 days to order it in for the wife's 07. Give them a call. (613) 389-3552

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Forseti. I'm just north of Belleville so Tony's is not too far away. I'll contact them to see if they can help me out. My 650 -also sleeper grey- is an 07 like your wife's, so all should go well. How well do the guards from Tony's fit your wife's 07 650? Is she happy with them?

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jstephensca. I have only a little experience when dealing with Suzuki Canada, but so far it is not encouraging. The standard reply seems to be "arrival date unknown". I bought and paid for my 48L topcase a month ago and Suzuki's best guess is that it may be here in early July. Is patience really a virtue???

SS

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Are you determined to get the Suzuki handguards?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Funny how a fellow wishes to spend his hard earned Loonies at a bike dealer, only to find out the riding season might be over before you actually recieve the goods.

The bike part market (especially factory parts) is a joke, a disgusting joke. I live in a rural area, and can order any part for my car/truck/etc in the morning and generally have it in the afternoon.

The bike industry is a joke. Everything is backordered with never a date that you can expect a part.

Good thing my Wee never needs any factory parts!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you determined to get the Suzuki handguards?
As long as the handguard is functional- does not cause clearance issues with the levers and looks good-is all I am concerned with. I really don't care who makes it.

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny how a fellow wishes to spend his hard earned Loonies at a bike dealer, only to find out the riding season might be over before you actually recieve the goods.

The bike part market (especially factory parts) is a joke, a disgusting joke. I live in a rural area, and can order any part for my car/truck/etc in the morning and generally have it in the afternoon.

The bike industry is a joke. Everything is backordered with never a date that you can expect a part.

Good thing my Wee never needs any factory parts!

Cheers!
The dealer managed to get me the Suzuki engine guard and centrestand in only a few days. They also managed to get the rack for the top case in less than a week, although it now seems fairly pointless since said case is nowhere in sight!

SS

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks Forseti. I'm just north of Belleville so Tony's is not too far away. I'll contact them to see if they can help me out. My 650 -also sleeper grey- is an 07 like your wife's, so all should go well. How well do the guards from Tony's fit your wife's 07 650? Is she happy with them?

SS
The guards fit perfectly (even with the heated Oxford grips) and she loves them.

While they don't stand up very well to a crash they provide real good protection from weather, flying debris and branches etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was waiting since February (if not January) to get the hand guards from Suzuki Canada, well 2-3 dealerships. They all whined it is on back order and this and that.

I did one internet search and found it in US. I think the MSRP was $42US and I paid some 45$US in total including shipping. There are many sites who have the hand guards but at least 2 of them sell it at a lower price. The 45 bucks is much lower than the quoted 75$ (plus tax) at the Suzuki dealerships in Canada.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I've had good luck getting parts from Newmarket Suzuki - where I bought my 06 Wee. Handguards were around $50 CDN I believe. Number is 905-898-1081 and if I remember -only took a couple of days to get in stock.
Hope that helps

Safe riding,
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was waiting since February (if not January) to get the hand guards from Suzuki Canada, well 2-3 dealerships. They all whined it is on back order and this and that.

I did one internet search and found it in US. I think the MSRP was $42US and I paid some 45$US in total including shipping. There are many sites who have the hand guards but at least 2 of them sell it at a lower price. The 45 bucks is much lower than the quoted 75$ (plus tax) at the Suzuki dealerships in Canada.
Thanks Rider 2000. I appreciate the information. It looks like Suzuki Canada has a problem getting what people want. Since I'm new to the V-Strom world (1 month now) I'm still learning where to get what I need. So far I've learned that Suzuki Canada isn't a good place to look.

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had good luck getting parts from Newmarket Suzuki - where I bought my 06 Wee. Handguards were around $50 CDN I believe. Number is 905-898-1081 and if I remember -only took a couple of days to get in stock.
Hope that helps

Safe riding,
Bob
Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call if I can't get what I need locally. What other parts were you able to get there?

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Forseti. The guards look great. I'll give Tony's a call to see what they can do for me.

SS

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice User Name.

My dealer (Brampton Suzuki) ordered them for me in April. After waiting a month , I was told they've been discontinued and are no longer available (in Canada).

I went a different route and installed Pro-Taper Hi ATV bars and Cycra Pro-Bend Hanguards (both from Royal Distributing).

If you want the Suzuki handguards, you'll probably have to find a dealer that has them in stock (not likely), get them from the States, or wait til Suzuki comes out with a new part.

Cheers,

Silver Strom

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, the Brampron dealer is "something"... I heard lies and lies and lies from them. They told me the same about the hand guards (they are discontoinued) they said but the DL-1000 and it comes with hand guards!!!!!

I do not mind starting a thread to see which Suzi dealer in Canada is honest! both on the sales and service. Or even a thread with stories about the dealerships!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Rider 2000. I appreciate the information. It looks like Suzuki Canada has a problem getting what people want. Since I'm new to the V-Strom world (1 month now) I'm still learning where to get what I need. So far I've learned that Suzuki Canada isn't a good place to look.

SS
silverstrom, Not a problem. We are all here to help each other and give each other a hand if it is needed.:)

Good luck with all the stuff that you want to buy. And always check the internet for the pricing before you get things from any shop in Canada. Unless you want to spend your Suzuki money which gives you only one choice to shop from the dealer, but then it is their money:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
When I bought my hand guards last year, I walked into a shop in Saint-Jerome (Quebec) that had them in stock :shock: I'll PM you their coordinates.

Suzuki Canada is a mess to deal with for parts. They sent me (the dealer) the wrong centerstand three times, it took 2 weeks to get a couple of faring bolts, and it looks like the rear axle I need is back-ordered.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice User Name.

My dealer (Brampton Suzuki) ordered them for me in April. After waiting a month , I was told they've been discontinued and are no longer available (in Canada).

I went a different route and installed Pro-Taper Hi ATV bars and Cycra Pro-Bend Hanguards (both from Royal Distributing).

If you want the Suzuki handguards, you'll probably have to find a dealer that has them in stock (not likely), get them from the States, or wait til Suzuki comes out with a new part.

Cheers,

Silver Strom

Thanks Silver Strom. I came across one of your replies on a thread last night and immediately thought "this guy is going to be pissed when he sees my user name.". I hope it's not a problem. I figured it made since to use silverstrom because of the colour of my new 650.

Regarding the unavailability of the guards from Suzuki, I am not surprised. I am gradually discovering that trying to get accessories from Suzuki Canada is pointless.

I wonder what happens if you have a handguard fail under warranty on a 1000in Canada if the part is not available. Perhaps they send you some crazy glue and really great instructions :rolleyes:

SS

1 - 20 of 52 Posts