StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am interested in changing out my stock fork springs on my wee. What advice on after market springs do you have?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Hello,
I am interested in changing out my stock fork springs on my wee. What advice on after market springs do you have?
Sonic Springs from Rich Desmond. Do a forum search.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have the Wilbers springs and feel they are stiff right off the bottom even with zero preload. They where supose to be set up for my weight. Have had then for about 4 months now and still very tight, even with 7.5 weight oil.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I too am in the process of changing the fork springs. The front preload was cranked up in an attempt to reduce some of the brake dive but I think that throws off the suspension geometry a bit. I have sent a PM to Mr Desmond for assistance in choosing the correct spring wt and as soon as he responds I'm ordering new springs.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just now got my Sonics put in. Now I'm off to get new tires put on. Then I have to wait for my new Wilbers shock to get here next week.

Poor ol' Strom looks pretty sad sitting there with no wheels on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have Sonic .95s with 15 wt oil, and immediately felt the difference. Tremendous hankling improvement. Of course, you'll need to get the right setup for youself...

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I have Sonic .95s with 15 wt oil, and immediately felt the difference. Tremendous hankling improvement. Of course, you'll need to get the right setup for youself...
Hey loblo.
What is your weight with gear. I'm at 260 with gear and I am in the process of losing weight. It seems that I am between the 1.0 and the .95 springs and I am trying to get several opinions from people who replaced their springs before I place my order.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'm running Sonic .95s and 10wt. I calculated for 295 riding weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts