StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the new thread, but there's so much info to sift through I gave up after 2 hours...

Here's what I've got. My stock OEM tires on my 2013 glee, have 6600 miles of pure street riding on them and are about ready to be replaced. I do a bunch of highway riding so they're a bit flat in the middle. I also love to find a nice windy asphalt road on the weekend and try to drag a peg :wink2:

I don't ever see myself off-roading on it. Suggestions for replacement tires? I looked at the OEM and we're talking $243 rear and $200 front...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I was thinking about Scorpion trails, but not sure what kind of life I'll get out of them...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bridgestone Battle wings (BW501/502) are quite a bit better than the 650 oem trailwings. They are oem for the 1000. If you shop around online you can find them for half the cost you mentioned above. Jake wilson has the pair for little over $200.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Bridgestone Battle wings (BW501/502) are quite a bit better than the 650 oem trailwings. They are oem for the 1000. If you shop around online you can find them for half the cost you mentioned above. Jake wilson has the pair for little over $200.
I like the Battle Wings too. Jake/Rocky Mt for my last rear. They usually have free shipping too.

YMMV

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Welcome. I grew up in Conshy, worked in KOP and Valley Forge Park was my stomping grounds. Sister lives in Collegeville and I'm hope to ride the bike down there in August. We routinely go to Longwood Gardens and Winterthur. Lots of nice roads around there! Can't go wrong with the Battle Wings unless you want a pure road tire like the Michelin PR4's. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts