StromTrooper banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been riding on and off for 25 years and I've never heard of these little things until @notacop mentioned them last week. Wow. New favorite toy. Even better than the helmet hook!
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing your experiences

I constantly think the throttle should be easier, this looks like a step in the right direction, what the name of this thing ? where did you get it ?

Thanks in advance
Google throttle wrist rest and you will get bunch of hits.

I have crambuster as a gift and it works wonder on my non-cruise control bikes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
sorry, should have included the link. I've added it now. For convenience it's here too ...
Thank you !!!
I found an adjustable lever that is installed at the inside end of the throttle handle , it acts as a lock , very discrete , find it under youtube "Almost invisible throttle lock for under $5 00"
Also found that people use a thick o-ring that helps keep the throttle in one position "o ring throttle lock"

I'm picking up the vstrom this weekend, for the 600km ride home I'm considering the o-ring

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
MOD15 REDUX: incandescent rear blinkers

I've discovered that the new rear LED blinkers do not draw enough current to trigger my AYN license plate blinkers, so I've changed them back to regular bulbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've discovered that the new rear LED blinkers do not draw enough current to trigger my AYN license plate blinkers, so I've changed them back to regular bulbs.
I ordered 2 sets of CAN Bus friendly LED bulbs from eBay earlier in the year which work with the stock relay. I don't trust non grounded relays for longevity though so I did end up replacing the stock relay with a high quality Grote 44891 which I picked up at my local auto parts store. This relay needs at least 1A to work so LED bulbs without resistors that are less than 12W will not work and a 12W LED bulb would be blindly bright. The neat part is that you can mix stock bulbs with CAN Bus friendly LED bulbs if one had to.

I'd post the links to the LED bulbs eBay listing, but I can't until I have 10 posts.

If you search eBay for "BAU15S 7507 Turn Signal Light PY21W 5009 Canbus No Error Led Bulb Amber Blinker" it's the result with 74ish sold (2 bulb set). You can also find the "Grote 44891" relay on Ebay. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Searching but can't find it. What's the eBay item number for the bulbs?
BAU15S 7507 Turn Signal Light
ebay Item #: 123457610478

Grote 44891 2 Pin Flasher
ebay Item #: 312861255790 | Please note that I bought my relay from my local Lordco auto parts store. This ebay item is the same relay though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
  • Front cylinder exhaust repositioned from under engine to R side of engine to gain 2” more ground clearance
  • SW-Motech Centerstand
  • SW-Motech Skid Plate modified to attach to crash guards instead of engine for the 2” more ground clearance gained by front cylinder exhaust reposition
  • SW-Motech Height Adjustable Wide Street/Off-Road Foot Pegs
  • SW-Motech 15L Evo City Tank Bag with Map Case, Theft Prevention Pin and Quick Lock
  • SW-Motech Side Stand Switch Guard
  • SW-Motech Folding Gear Shift Lever
  • Givi PLR Side Racks
  • Nissin Front Brake Calipers from a Honda CBR600
  • Nissin Radial Master Cylinder
  • Akropovic Exhaust. 9 lbs. less weight, 5 more HP
  • K&N Air Filter
  • Kriega Outback 32L Saddlebags with OS-2 Straps, and 6 more Kriega 12, 5, and 6 liter modular bags. 4 to attach to main bags, 2 more for crash guards
  • 30,000 hour Sementech Lo Beam White LED w/internal fan
  • Antigravity Lithium battery, saves 6 pounds
  • ADVTech GPS Dash Mount
  • ADVTech Flood Lights with handlebar mounted on/off switch
  • ADVTech Fork Brace
  • ADVTech Front Fender Risers
  • R&G Racing Rear Shock Cover
  • R&G Racing Crash Guards
  • R&G Racing Radiator Guard
  • R&G Racing Tank Pads
  • R&G Racing Filler Cap Trim
  • RotopaX One Gallon Locking Gas Container
  • ASV Adjustable Folding Clutch and Front Brake Levers
  • Barkbuster VPS hand guards
  • 16T Front Rubber Dampened Sprocket. (OEM 15T). Drops RPM by 250
  • Admore Flashing Brake, Progressive Turn and Deceleration Lighting
  • Oxford Heated Grips with settings control
  • Garmin 396LMT-S GPS- Hardwired
  • Rupse Tire Pressure Monitors. Rechargeable display
  • Kaoko Throttle Lock
  • Pyramid Front Fender Extender
  • Crampbuster
  • Headlight Protector
  • 2 Locking Tool Tubes
  • Puig Spool Sliders
  • Zeta Offset Handlebar Risers
  • ABUS Victory X Plus Disc Lock
  • Murph’s Tamperproof Oil Filler Cap
  • Shock Socks Front Fork Covers
  • Phone Ram Mount X-Grip
  • Locking license plate storage document box
  • Front 22mm Axle Tool

·
Registered
311 Posts
wowza. I'm an amateur. thanks for sharing.
Tell me, is a center stand really worth the cost?
If I were just riding locally, I wouldn't have done it. But I do a lot of long distance riding out of the country, and I put it on to make spraying the chain easy at night, and if I have to remove the rear wheel for some reason. I'm currently on a solo road trip through Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize.
Here's a link to my ongoing post for this trip. Cheers.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts