StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here's mine. Upcoming this winter is to have the front header modded out from under the engine to the right side to increase ground clearance by two inches. Skid plate will be modded accordingly.

 Front cylinder exhaust repositioned from under engine to R side of the engine to gain 2” more ground clearance
 SW-Motech Centerstand
 SW-Motech Skid Plate modified to attach to crash guards instead of engine for the 2” more ground clearance gained by front cylinder exhaust reposition
 SW-Motech Height Adjustable Wide Street/Off-Road Foot Pegs
 SW-Motech 15L Evo City Tank Bag with Map Case, Theft Prevention Pin, and Quick Lock
 SW-Motech Side Stand Switch Guard
 SW-Motech Folding Gear Shift Lever
 Givi PLR Side Racks
 Nissin Front Brake Calipers from a Honda CBR600
 Nissin Radial Master Cylinder
 Akropovic Exhaust. 9 lbs. less weight, 5 more HP
 K&N Air Filter
 Kriega Outback 32L Saddlebags with OS-2 Straps
 30,000 hour Sementech Lo Beam White LED w/internal fan
 ADVTech GPS Dash Mount
 ADVTech Flood Lights with handlebar-mounted on/off switch
 ADVTech Fork Brace
 ADVTech Front Fender Risers
 R&G Racing Rear Shock Cover
 R&G Racing Crash Guards
 R&G Racing Radiator Guard
 R&G Racing Tank Pads
 R&G Racing Filler Cap Trim
 RotopaX One Gallon Locking Gas Container
 ASV Adjustable Folding Clutch and Front Brake Levers
 Barkbuster VPS handguards
 16T Front Rubber Dampened Sprocket. (OEM 15T). Drops RPM by 250
 Admore Flashing Brake, Progressive Turn and Deceleration Lighting
 Oxford Heated Grips with settings control
 Garmin 396LMT-S GPS- Hardwired
 Rupse Tire Pressure Monitors. Rechargeable display
 Kaoko Throttle Lock
 Pyramid Front Fender Extender
 Crampbuster
 Headlight Protector
 2 Locking Tool Tubes
 Puig Spool Sliders
 Zeta Offset Handlebar Risers
 ABUS Victory X Plus Disc Lock
 Murph’s Tamperproof Oil Filler Cap
 Shock Socks Front Fork Covers
 Phone Ram Mount X-Grip
 Locking license plate storage document box
 Front 22mm Axle Tool

·
Registered
477 Posts
[MENTION=168090]That said, they now blink a little slow for my taste.
*HERE* is the flasher relay you want, from Super Bright LEDs. I had this on my Versys and found it to be very reliable. No issues running all 4 LEDs on the V-strom. Flash rate is perfect, a little faster than stock. Mine is about 93 per minute (specs say 90 +/- 10%). All I had to do was make some quick bullet connector-to-spade connector adapters and it plugged right up.

Edit:
On a side note, *THESE* LED bulbs are outstanding for our turn signals. Very bright.

·
Registered
311 Posts
*HERE* is the flasher relay you want, from Super Bright LEDs. I had this on my Versys and found it to be very reliable. No issues running all 4 LEDs on the V-strom. Flash rate is perfect, a little faster than stock. Mine is about 93 per minute (specs say 90 +/- 10%). All I had to do was make some quick bullet connector-to-spade connector adapters and it plugged right up.

Edit:
On a side note, *THESE* LED bulbs are outstanding for our turn signals. Very bright.

Are the LEDs plug and play into the turn signals? Where does the flasher plug into?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would love to see your mod regarding to the increase ground clearance once you are done as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here's mine. Upcoming this winter is to have the front header modded out from under the engine to the right side to increase ground clearance by two inches. Skid plate will be modded accordingly.

 Front cylinder exhaust repositioned from under engine to R side of the engine to gain 2” more ground clearance
 SW-Motech Centerstand
 SW-Motech Skid Plate modified to attach to crash guards instead of engine for the 2” more ground clearance gained by front cylinder exhaust reposition
Would love to see your mod and pictures once you started it as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been riding on and off for 25 years and I've never heard of these little things until @notacop mentioned them last week. Wow. New favorite toy. Even better than the helmet hook!
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing your experiences

I constantly think the throttle should be easier, this looks like a step in the right direction, what the name of this thing ? where did you get it ?

Thanks in advance

41 - 60 of 73 Posts