StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I don't ride hard. I'm more of a sit back and enjoy the view kinda bloke, so if I'm honest the fork brace was a waste of money. I don't have the skills to notice the difference.
Wait until you experience some strong crosswinds or a semis wind wash. Shows up real fast then.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
This has given me several ideas for my 2019. I really like the standoffs for the soft bags. I have soft bags (Nelson Rigg dual sport) I bought for a previous bike I didn't really get to use and when I took a shot on this one, I learned they sagged and weren't useable stock. Might get this to fix and free up some bags I paid for to use finally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
actually, the post is partially premature. The flasher unit arrives today. The website says it's plug and play. I'll update the post once I know.
"The Fixed Rate Flasher can also be installed on the following OEM part numbers, which does require installing a provided additional pin housing, no wire cutting or splicing required: Suzuki OEM Part: 38610-26E00, 38610-03F00"

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
hmmm I did not know that. It seems to work at the moment. If it brakes I'll take your lead and mount it there. I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: I've just read the manual that I ignored. Sigh. It says to mount within 25 degrees of vertical. Moving it. Grrrrrrr.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@brock29609 I've now installed the new flasher unit. You're right it doesn't fit. However, they provide two little wires which you just need to attach a spade connector to and then everything works great. That said, they now blink a little slow for my taste.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
For the record, that Adventure Tech stuff has been great for me. I added the fork brace (Believe what I hear about the crosswinds) I also added the peg lowering and mirror extensions. Both these two were great additions. Also love my Helmet hook.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
hmmm I did not know that. It seems to work at the moment. If it brakes I'll take your lead and mount it there. I'll keep you posted.
EDIT: I've just read the manual that I ignored. Sigh. It says to mount within 25 degrees of vertical. Moving it. Grrrrrrr.
Just realized yours is a 650. I had the Strebel on the right side of the engine below the RR on my 1st gen WEE. Your newer version may require a different location.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Mod7: better horn REDUX

Now that I've learned that air horns need to stand up, I couldn't find anywhere on the bike to mount it, so I modified the light bar and hung it over the front wheel.
I have no idea how much travel is needed in the front forks. I hope this is going to be ok.

[EDIT: don't do this. See newer post below]

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
@brock29609 That said, they now blink a little slow for my taste.
There are adjustable rate flashers all over eBay and Amazon that are plug & play with our bikes. Like *THIS* one.

@mozzer502
Edit: I tried the flasher in the link above. It works fine with 1 LED + 1 incandescent on each side, but if you go all-LED the indicator light freaks out. Not sure if the cause is the flasher or the LEDs I chose (different bulbs than yours).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Mod7: better horn REDUX II

I've finally mounted the air horn off the back of Rick's luggage plates. Ruins the nice smooth lines with an ugly nut, but I'll get a cap for that later. Not overly happy with the location but I couldn't find anywhere else to mount something this huge.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Saw that pic an knew instantly you were going to have problems. Had to turn the bolt upside down on my t-rex guards that come together under their as it hit the fender and that only stuck down about an inch. :)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here's how I mounted my Denali air horn. Happy with the location, and how it looks, but I would not buy this horn again. Weighs too much and is no louder than a pair of Fiamm Highway Blasters. For my other bike, I bought a pair of much smaller but plenty loud Subaru Outback horns off eBay for twenty bucks. I made a welded bracket to mount the Denali. Took quite a while to get it so that it cleared the rear pegs as there was very little extra room in this area

Attachments

21 - 40 of 73 Posts